Photo

Angry Kmart customers threaten to boycott stores

usa thanksgiving day facebook employees negative comments sears greedy social media

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,748 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 06 November 2013 - 22:10

"greedy," "shameful" and "disgusting."

Employees should just all walk out, or call off.

Yep!

#17 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 06 November 2013 - 22:13

This made me remember the scene from Rainman

#18 rr_dRock

rr_dRock

Resident Magical Lion v1.2

• 882 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy SIV (CM11), iPhone 4S

Posted 06 November 2013 - 22:18

Sometimes we have to do things that we don't really like. Guess what, that's life. You signed up for the job. Don't like it? Quit. "there are no jobs" doesn't apply in retail. It's not the responsibility of the employer to make sure you spend time with your family. It's their job to make money, so you and all the other employees can be paid, and their investors stay happy.

I don't understand why people think "oh my employer should give me every holiday off, because I need to spend time with my family". What about the 345 other days of the year numnuts? You can't spend that time with your family? Who arbitrarily decided that you HAVE to spend time with your family on holidays?

Also, what about those that do want to work on holidays, should we boycott the stores because those people aren't getting enough hours to feed their family? No? Just as long as they're together, it doesn't matter if they're homeless.

PS. I doubt that ANYONE has been told "you have to work or your fired". And if you had, and you stayed at that job, you deserve all the **** you get.

#19 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,268 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:25

^

HNh3f3N.png

#20 Zidane

Zidane

Spoutcraft Lead

• 189 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:07

Sometimes we have to do things that we don't really like. Guess what, that's life. You signed up for the job. Don't like it? Quit. "there are no jobs" doesn't apply in retail. It's not the responsibility of the employer to make sure you spend time with your family. It's their job to make money, so you and all the other employees can be paid, and their investors stay happy.

I don't understand why people think "oh my employer should give me every holiday off, because I need to spend time with my family". What about the 345 other days of the year numnuts? You can't spend that time with your family? Who arbitrarily decided that you HAVE to spend time with your family on holidays?

Also, what about those that do want to work on holidays, should we boycott the stores because those people aren't getting enough hours to feed their family? No? Just as long as they're together, it doesn't matter if they're homeless.

PS. I doubt that ANYONE has been told "you have to work or your fired". And if you had, and you stayed at that job, you deserve all the **** you get.

/thread

Would love to hear the reasons the entitled people have in this thread to why K-Mart is at fault.

#21 Davo

Davo

Neowinian

• 1,397 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:29

What about the people who don't have friends or family? If I were single, I'd be watching TV and treating it like any other day. I did that last Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I think it's crass and downright desperate for a retail establishment to open on a major holiday but it is what it is. "Blue laws" and stuff that's similar in nature is unnecessary. Why do most stores have shorter hours on Sunday?

At the end, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these champions of righteousness were the same people going nuts on Black Friday for "sweet dealz".

#22 joep1984

joep1984

Neowinian

• 176 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:45

I worked at 2 Kmart stores that were both open for 72 hours up until closing on Christmas Eve.  Heck, last year I had a 4hr break between my shifts on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, and on Black Friday and the Saturday after.  Customers got angry, said it was stupid, boycott, blah blah blah.  Why?  It's Christmas Eve.  This time, I can see why people would get angry, but will they actually do anything?  Nope.  It's no different than a 24hr grocery chain staying open 24/7, yet people don't boycott those stores, do they?

Customers will complain about anything, but when it comes down to it, they'll be out there shopping while we're all working.

Luckily I don't work retail anymore, so I don't have to deal with it again this year.

#23 joep1984

joep1984

Neowinian

• 176 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:47

/thread

Would love to hear the reasons the entitled people have in this thread to why K-Mart is at fault.

Haha, true dat.  All things considered, it's the consumer's fault.  They expect everything to be open to them at all times.  Stores have to adjust to that or risk going out of business.