The power of Surface

surface surface 2 surface 3 surface 4

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 November 2013 - 18:37

I bet none of the consumers know about this! 

Thanks in no small part to MS marketing team! -.-

Good marketing for Windows 8 on a tablet in general is quite poor.  But it's even worst for Surface, MS can't show all the thing possible to do with this device.

The more I use my Surface 2 the more I enjoy it.  I do feel the pinch of lack of good apps in the store (mostly games).

#17 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 17 November 2013 - 18:41

Nah their biggest gaffe had to be focussing their marketing on an optional accessory. Click in means nothing to anyone.

I think their biggest gaffe was not pushing touch mice (mouses?) on the desktop end of things.  Makes a big difference.

#18 +LambdaLambdaLambdaFn

LambdaLambdaLambdaFn

Neowinian

Posted 17 November 2013 - 18:45

Speaking as a dev, another major issue is that the OS is still quite buggy.  Until they get that resolved, the apps aren't going to come. 

#19 hagjohn

hagjohn

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia 1020 8.1

Posted 29 November 2013 - 16:26

Speaking as a dev, another major issue is that the OS is still quite buggy.  Until they get that resolved, the apps aren't going to come. 

128,933 total apps in the Windows Store and the top Windows 8.1 apps as of Nov 24th

http://www.winbeta.o...1-apps-nov-24th

#20 REM2000

REM2000

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 November 2013 - 22:59

I recently purchased a surface as it was reduced and I've been wanting to try one out for a while.

The device is really good I'm really impressed, however the apps are a bit poor. It's not so much the number it's sometimes the quality, for example I used evernote a lot. The worst version has to be the touch one, the iOS, Android and desktop apps are much  more advanced. I know this is down to the individual developers but that doesn't change end users experiences.

Like I said I really love the surface, it's a work horse and handles anything thrown at it, I would love to see some more big name apps on the store and for some of the existing apps to improve in quality

DropBox - needs massive improvements, basically just the web page in an app missing loads of functionality and an offline mode.

SkyDrive - needs a sync to local folder/local SD card

Evernote - needs to be on par with the iPad and Android tablet equivalents

1Password needs to hurry up and get an app going.

128,933 total apps in the Windows Store and the top Windows 8.1 apps as of Nov 24th

http://www.winbeta.o...1-apps-nov-24th