55 posts in this topic

Lawsuit says unreasonable anal searches forced on NM man after a traffic stop

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. ?  A southern New Mexico man who was pulled over for not making a complete traffic stop was taken to two hospitals and forced to have anal probes, three enemas, two body X-rays and a colonoscopy because police thought he was hiding drugs, according a federal lawsuit.

No drugs were found, and the man is now being billed thousands of dollars for the "illegal, invasive and painful medical procedures," the lawsuit claims.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of David Eckert against police and sheriff's officials in Deming and Hidalgo County, which borders Mexico. It alleges police wanted the searches conducted because they thought Eckert appeared to be clenching his buttocks when he got out of his car Jan. 2. Police also brought in a drug-sniffing dog, which detected something in the driver's seat.

Police also brought in a drug-sniffing dog, which detected something in the driver's seat.

Enter "probable cause."

Like someone said, no matter who you are but I'm going to fight you before I'll ever let you probe me. 

X-ray would have been enough and a full body x-ray would have shown all they needed to know.

News flash: you can't always see drugs on an x-ray. There has to be a significant density difference and often it isn't sufficient. Sorry, but reality intrudes on your make believe bubble.

don't you like it when possible criminal will be anal-probed based on dogs sniffing his fart residual?