Official PS4 System reviews

I can't believe PS4 doesn't support 5ghz.  Why release a N device this day in age without it?!  it is not exactly new. Come on Sony...

Terrible range without line of sight.

Mine shows as out for delivery, so I should have it in hand between noon and 3, so just a few more hours.

Nice, yea Amazon.ca didn't ship ANY PS4's before today.  They decided launch edition simply means we will ship it at some point on or shortly after launch.

Nice, yea Amazon.ca didn't ship ANY PS4's before today.  They decided launch edition simply means we will ship it at some point on or shortly after launch.

That sucks, I've always had a great experience with amazon and preorder shipping.  Sometimes I even get things the day before release day.

I guess it also helps that there is an Amazon warehouse in my state.

That sucks, I've always had a great experience with amazon and preorder shipping.  Sometimes I even get things the day before release day.

I guess it also helps that there is an Amazon warehouse in my state.

Never pre-ordered a physical thing (always digital).  Pretty much all the reviews for the PS4 (Launch Edition) on Amazon.ca (that aren't people that don't understand the 699$ price isn't amazons, and that amazon is sold out) have all said the same thing: "Awesome product, can't believe my launch edition isn't being shipped for launch".

Never pre-ordered a physical thing (always digital).  Pretty much all the reviews for the PS4 (Launch Edition) on Amazon.ca (that aren't people that don't understand the 699$ price isn't amazons, and that amazon is sold out) have all said the same thing: "Awesome product, can't believe my launch edition isn't being shipped for launch".

Slight off topic, but I really don't like people posting reviews for a product they don't own.  Saying something is amazing before even using it just defeats the purpose. That is one thing I see too often on Amazon.

The Engadget review was pretty good.

I noticed they mentioned that apps are running noticeably slower then they thought they should.

I got a chuckle out of their wrap up where they literally call the ps4 a nice little pc with a fast UI :laugh:

• Like 2

Terrible range without line of sight.

Well we all know the supposed drawbacks of 5ghz but for the majority of people 5ghz offers a clear benefit within the confines of a house/apartment.  Even low end devices have been released with 5ghz support for some time now so it is poor planning on Sonys part to exclude it.

So ads on the PS4 home screen? the Munky is gonna be mad.

If you have a lot of friends on PSN, it's a great way to keep up with not just what they're doing now but what they've done recently. Be warned, though: the section does display a few ads for PlayStation products every few screens and urges you to buy games that you don't own when you drill down into a friend's activity on those games.

Source: Ars review

• Like 2

Doesn't matter where ads are, I hate them in both UI's, regardless of location.

If it's not related to content on the consoles, it shouldn't be there.

At least Nintendo/Steam got it right :laugh: :wub:

I see ads every time i launch steam.  In fact, every time i bootup i get a popup ad.

Don't know about Nintendo..  they still pretend the internet doesn't exist :)

I see ads every time i launch steam.  In fact, every time i bootup i get a popup ad.

Don't know about Nintendo..  they still pretend the internet doesn't exist :)

Obviously didn't read my post...

As for those things you called "ads":

Steam.PNG

Obviously didn't read my post...

As for those things you called "ads":

Steam.PNG

I have that unchecked. I still get prompted for deals when i login and everywhere when viewing my library i see marketing for other games.

But, to be honest, i can block xbox/psn & steam ads on my sonicwall

I have that unchecked. I still get prompted for deals when i login and everywhere when viewing my library i see marketing for other games.

But, to be honest, i can block xbox/psn & steam ads on my sonicwall

Still not read my post properly!

-F, must do better.

Still not read my post properly!

-F, must do better.

what are you talking about?

When i login to steam, even with that checkbox unchecked i *STILL* get a popup telling me about a deal of the day.

When i login to XBL i still get ads for games of the day..

The ads in both XBL and Steam are almost identical.. just there when you look for them.  Otherwise, i create shortcuts for my steam games or i pin my xbox live games and never see the ads

what are you talking about?

When i login to steam, even with that checkbox unchecked i *STILL* get a popup telling me about a deal of the day.

When i login to XBL i still get ads for games of the day..

The ads in both XBL and Steam are almost identical.. just there when you look for them.  Otherwise, i create shortcuts for my steam games or i pin my xbox live games and never see the ads

Final hint. If this still doesn't help, I give up :laugh:

Not sure if this belongs here, but of those that went to stores, how was the stock? Is there going to be shortages or would it be possible to walk in and pick one up?

I noticed that.

In the UI video demos, I noticed the ads for extended warranties, but those were in the marketplace.

The fact that they are in the activity feed is too much in my opinion. Honestly, that activity feed is probably my biggest issue with the UI. There are no filtering options and it can easily get out of hand once you have been using the system for a while. The layout just looks far too busy to my eyes. Its messy.

It all comes down to how the ads or offered to us. I think most of us are willing to have some ads, but they have to be displayed in a certain way and avoid certain areas.

Final hint. If this still doesn't help, I give up :laugh:

oh, so now you're OK with advertising as long as you think its relevant.  I wasn't basing my point on that statement alone, just on the fact of advertising.

You should still give up, because this is going nowhere :)  As i said a zillion times in your qualms about advertising you can pin your apps/games in the dashboard and they're in your face as much as they are on PS4 and Steam

oh, so now you're OK with advertising as long as you think its relevant.  I wasn't basing my point on that statement alone, just on the fact of advertising.

You should still give up, because this is going nowhere :)  As i said a zillion times in your qualms about advertising you can pin your apps/games in the dashboard and they're in your face as much as they are on PS4 and Steam

My stance hasn't changed on the matter? :huh: But I see where you're trying to go with this and what you're next reply would be, so you're right I am giving up with you.