• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:27

Whoever wins the first round of this new console cycle war, individuals at Microsoft are showing that they can be cordial and decent. Today via its official Xbox Twitter account Microsoft offered Sony congratulations on lunching its PlayStation 4 console. Several Microsoft executives involved with the Xbox One also extended their own personal messages congratulating Sony.

"Congrats to all my friends [at Sony] and [Adam Boyes] and [Shuhei Yoshida] on the launch of PS4. Great job, looking forward to Gen8," Tweeted Albert Penello, director of product planning for the Xbox.

Microsoft studios vice president Phil Spencer and Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb also sent out congratulatory Tweets to Sony.

SCE president Shuhei Yoshida, along with Sony's Adam Boyes, both wished the Microsoft team good luck in their replies.

It just goes to prove even the bitterest of rivals can be decent towards one another from time to time. You can see the tweet from Xbox below:

Maybe already posted? I didn't see it.

http://gamepolitics....ch#.Uocd-8Snpqk

#2 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:32

Maybe already posted? I didn't see it.

Lies :p

#3 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:37

Its a nice gesture. At least the two companies can get along, now if the customers could follow suit.

#4 OP compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:39

Lies :p

lol. Honest!

I've been slow posting game news lately. People get in before me, unless I post Ninty news. No one gives the Nintendo forum any love besides me :(

#5 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:40

lol. Honest!

I've been slow posting game news lately. People get in before me, unless I post Ninty news. No one gives the Nintendo forum any love besides me :(

We have a Nintendo forum?

:shiftyninja:

#6 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:38

I personally think this was a bit of a dig at Sony, IMO Sony have taken cheap shots at MS for the last 6 months or so to get their brand ahead (which seems to be working). I take this as MS trying to take the moral high ground and showing that they wont bow down to Sonys level.

#7 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:00

Yeah and with sonys 1.5 update going wrong they cant say anything if MS has a little problematic launch.

#8 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:42

I personally think this was a bit of a dig at Sony, IMO Sony have taken cheap shots at MS for the last 6 months or so to get their brand ahead (which seems to be working). I take this as MS trying to take the moral high ground and showing that they wont bow down to Sonys level.

If only MS didn't have a history of congratulating their competitors in major consumer areas. ref. FF

#9 XerXis

XerXis

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:52

If only MS didn't have a history of congratulating their competitors in major consumer areas. ref. FF

yeah, I'm a bit suprised they didn't send sony a cake ;)

#10 +LimeMaster

LimeMaster

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:57

To think that there was a time were Microsoft wasn't nice to their competitors, but it's good to see a change in heart over the years with sending cakes and congratulation messages.

#11 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:11

Wow, it's simply marketing.  @playstation is popular on twitter right now, so MS have used that to promote their own brand.

Geeks love to act like these companies have emotions and so on...

#12 Kyang

Kyang

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:36

Wow, it's simply marketing.  @playstation is popular on twitter right now, so MS have used that to promote their own brand.

Geeks love to act like these companies have emotions and so on...

My take on it is that there are people working at these companies too, and sometimes that shows.  In most cases though, I tend to agree with you, that it's usually just for the sake of the brand or bottom line.

#13 SuperKid

SuperKid

Im no superman

• Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Posted 16 November 2013 - 13:16

Clever, put #Xbox in there, everybody retweets it and then suddenly #Xbox is trending! ;)

#14 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2013 - 17:08

PSN failure, slow 1.5 download, crazy amount of DOA PS4...   Congratulation Sony!!!

I wonder if MS will do any better next friday...

#15 OP compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

Posted 16 November 2013 - 17:13

Clever, put #Xbox in there, everybody retweets it and then suddenly #Xbox is trending! ;)

I am certain MS tweeted this out of self-interest, which is clever.  :shiftyninja: