xbox one xbox one amazon reviews

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 ZakO

ZakO

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 23 November 2013 - 17:27

Where are you seeing this? I don't see any filters for verified/non-verified.

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't have a option to filter, but I wrote a browser extension back when Amazon verified reviews were first introduced to do so, I don't see much point reading reviews from unverified purchasers, so it hides them by default. You're more than welcome to count them if you don't believe the numbers.

#62 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 November 2013 - 17:39

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't have a option to filter, but I wrote a browser extension back when Amazon verified reviews were first introduced to do so, I don't see much point reading reviews from unverified purchasers, so it hides them by default. You're more than welcome to count them if you don't believe the numbers.

Tried to find an extension for Chrome or Firefox (even from userscripts.org) doesn't seem to have one which does this, care to share your extension so we could verify it ourselves? 

#63 King Joffrey

King Joffrey

Neowinian

Posted 23 November 2013 - 17:41

Nothing new i saw people doing same for PS4 just ignore this people!

#64 Thief000

Thief000

Neowinian

Posted 23 November 2013 - 17:42

Wow, that's the pathetic GAF and N4G Sony fanboy desperation right there. How sad. Nothing better to do with their lives I guess.

#65 ashpowell

ashpowell

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 23 November 2013 - 17:55

From the comments in the screenshot with the same wording, it looks like a bot posting mixing up the content

#66 ZakO

ZakO

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 23 November 2013 - 18:10

Tried to find an extension for Chrome or Firefox (even from userscripts.org) doesn't seem to have one which does this, care to share your extension so we could verify it ourselves? 

It isn't publicly released, nor is it packaged for release, so no, not really. You can still verify the numbers yourself by simply counting/searching for the instances of "Amazon Verified Purchase" on the pages. As a comparison 532/821 of the 1-star PS4 reviews are verified (65%), still a high percent of potential trolls, but not as many as with the XB1. 

#67 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 23 November 2013 - 18:12

Sad lives these fanboy trolls lead.