A 6-year-old Colorado boy who got suspended for kissing a girl in school on the hand. Did the zero tolerance policy go too far?

Hunter Yelton is a thief. The kind that steals kisses.

"And then, I kissed her on the hand."

That kiss on the hand didn't just get him a slap on the wrist. It got him suspended for a day. And a serious charge on his record.

"I did something wrong. I feel sorry."

Hunter's mom met with the principal at his Canon City, Colorado, school.

And she was told her 6-year-old's behavior was sexual harassment.

"This is to the extreme that doesn't need to be taken to a 6-year-old. Now, my son is asking questions."

"What is sex, mommy?" Sex should never be said in a sentence with a 6-year-old.

Hunter admits, he's been in trouble before.

"Suspended for roughhousing. We have been working with him with the classroom disruptions. He's been grounded for a while."

"Remove sexual harassment. Remove it from his record."

Overnight, the school superintendent said, our schools do not suspend a student for just a kiss on the hand.

"We have intervened on behalf of a little girl who wants the unwelcome behavior to stop. Hunter is now back to school."

source & video

These PC sons of b****es are really f***ing up kids' heads. I almost want to live like a Doomsday Prepper even if there isn't a collapse simply because I know society is going to be really screwed up in a few decades.

• Like 2

Madness...

The school my mum works in has the children change the words in the nursery rhyme "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep". Black has to be replaced with rainbow so the rhyme doesn't get mistook as been racist... pretty sad the world has come to this.

• Like 3

I actually don't have a problem with this. I don't want someone's random kid coming to school kissing my daughter, anywhere. There's plenty of time for that, later on. Not sure what they parents of the kid are doing with him that he has nothing better to do.

All this is assuming the girl did not want to be kissed by him at all and was not engaging in the horseplay. This kid has been in trouble fro roughhousing and to say he has discipline, self-control, and boundary issues isn't far fetched. The school did the right thing, and the parent has work to do, not complaining. It's her son's behavior that caused the problem.

Should sexual harassment be removed from his record, yes. I would be livid if some kid kissed my daughter and they didn't call me or do anything about it especially if she felt it was unwelcome and wanted the behavior to stop.

Correct his behavior now before it becomes a serious issue for him.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble but 6 year old's commit improper acts and even crime all the time, it's a "good" thing his issues are being addressed by responsible adults.

edit: He has no more right to put his mouth anywhere on her body as one of the adult teachers do.

• Like 2

What a bunch of ######ing idiots. Seriously, use common sense. People are some damn scared of getting in trouble and if someone is going to get offended. It was an innocent kiss and sex isnt even on the kids mind. Nothing wrong with what the kid did and no reason he should feel he was wrong.

This world is getting more stupid every day.

What the boy did might be wrong, but the greater crime was someone plastering his name and his deed all over the Internet. No 6 year old deserves that.

If his name is out, that is bad. However, if it was not law enforcement or the school, what are you going to do. Teach your kids to keep their hands and mouths to themselves.

Anyone who thinks 6 year olds don't play doctor and experiment are being absolutely ridiculous. But hey, feel free to let the kids in school play with "your" daughter.

This kid is 6 years old, his sexual motivations haven't even developed..

1) You don't know that.

2) All that has to be developed is his curiosity. He's well aware girls are different and is curious about kissing them. Teach him to keep his hands and mouth to himself, and kiss him mama when she sends him off to school.

If his name is out, that is bad. However, if it was not law enforcement or the school, what are you going to do. Teach your kids to keep their hands and mouths to themselves.

Anyone who thinks 6 year olds don't play doctor and experiment are being absolutely ridiculous. But hey, feel free to let the kids in school play with "your" daughter.

At least he didn't get registered as a sex offender, which actually happens.

At least he didn't get registered as a sex offender, which actually happens.

They do. This one shouldn't. At least IMO. But I wouldn't have a problem with it remaining on his record and falling off after a few years without similar incident.

A couple years ago a DA somewhere  got criticized for making a 6 year old boy register as a sex offender for playing "butt doctor" with a 5 year old little girl. I have no problem with that. If the family moves, I think the new community and parents of all the new 5 year old girls he will go to school with know that this kid likes to go to school and stick something up 5 year old little girls butts.

At least say until he's 16 if he doesn't reoffend. Perhaps that's why the sex offender law makes no age distinction.

The best predictor of future behavior, is our past behavior.

Awesome, so the kid is written off before he's even had a chance to understand the concept he is being branded with. I mean, maybe we should keep an eye out for the kids playing soldiers because clearly they have a desire to kill.

In fact lets just lock up all kids and stop them using their imagination because god knows where it could lead them in the future. I litereally cannot get over how angry any of this makes me, kids are kids. They don't play games or do things because deep down they are serial rapists murderers etc, they are playing games!

• Like 2

Good god man, did you phone the police? I hear the latest strain of cooties is quite the problem...

What a wonderfully PC world we live in.

Cooties?

Wow! Haven't heard that word in 50 years, at least, and I'm 55!

You people on here talking about common sense are insane! There hasn't been any of that around for years!

As far as the one poster who said something like the world will be all screwed up in a couple decades. I don't know what rock you live under, but that has already happened like a decade ago!

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I hope the principal gets fired for going so far beyond realistic!