20 posts in this topic

Posted

HELENA, MT

Posted

Nature! We are so puny against it.

1 person likes this

Posted

It would be nice if they could drill a small hole to ease off the pressure.

Posted

It would be nice if they could drill a small hole to ease off the pressure.

But that might set it off :(

2 people like this

Posted

^ very likely. Taking off the pressure could make the gases dissolved in the magma begin to boil out, rapidly. Think in terms of opening an 18 mile wide bottle of Coca Cola that has been dropped a few times.

2 people like this

Posted

^ very likely. Taking off the pressure could make the gases dissolved in the magma begin to boil out, rapidly. Think in terms of opening an 18 mile wide bottle of Coca Cola that has been dropped a few times.

Diet-Coke and mentos lol

3 people like this

Posted

If this volcano blows it will be likely the end of civilization as we know it.  Been reading up on some of the other great volcano disasters of the past 3000 years, and most of them weren't even in the ball park compared the one under Yellowstone, and their deaf toll was quite large, and in some cases extremely nasty when it came to changing the planets weather patterns. . .have a nice day. . . :woot:

1 person likes this

Posted

It's theorized that the Toba supervolcano (Sumatra) blew ~70,000 years ago, causing a global extinction event that left only 3,000 to 10,000 humans alive. This resulted in a genetic bottlenect that can still be seen in our genome.

Posted

Should cool the planet down a bit. Give the polar bears a change to increase their numbers.

Posted

how much it worth for geothermal electricity?

Posted

I bet there are at least 10 other similar or even more bigger volcanoes around the globe that are laughing while reading this...

Posted

Nature! We are so puny against it.

From Wikipedia:

Half the geothermal features and two-thirds of the world's geysers are concentrated in Yellowstone.

Yellowstone is seriously ready to blow at any time.

1 person likes this

Posted

If this volcano blows it will be likely the end of civilization as we know it.  Been reading up on some of the other great volcano disasters of the past 3000 years, and most of them weren't even in the ball park compared the one under Yellowstone, and their deaf toll was quite large, and in some cases extremely nasty when it came to changing the planets weather patterns. . .have a nice day. . . :woot:

I hope I'm not alive when that happens. I guess I probably won't be after it happens, at least probably not for long. I am really depressed now, thanks. :p

1 person likes this

Posted

thankfully statistically it will never happen in our lifetimes :D so we have that going for us.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, I'm already hard of hearing so I won't notice any difference!  

Posted

thankfully statistically it will never happen in our lifetimes :D so we have that going for us.

With my luck it'll happen any day now. 

Posted

I so wish I get to see it blow up, in person, really close. :p

1 person likes this

Posted

Yellowstone is seriously ready to blow at any time.

Nuke it before it can nuke us !

1 person likes this

Posted

It's actually not "very likely". The truth is it's probably less than likely. If only it was as simple as a bottle of Coca Cola...

ROME

Posted

I so wish I get to see it blow up, in person, really close. :p

Reminds me of that guy in the 2012 movie that was broadcasting from the top of the mountain when it exploded.