usa flying annoyances obnoxious expedia.com

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,905 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:17

Having to turn RIGHT boarding the plane.

#62 vanx

vanx

Neowinian

• 1,424 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 15:24

Having to turn RIGHT boarding the plane.

Unless we are talking about turning right to go to the upper deck, which in case of a B747 or A380 is a good thing ;)

#63 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,154 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 15:26

Why would I take a flight if I am not going over an ocean?
You've really lost me here 

I regularly get airflights as opposed to train or driving.  Why would you not seems more of a valid question to me!?

#64 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,571 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 15:39

Why would I take a flight if I am not going over an ocean?
You've really lost me here

I flew from Zurich to Amsterdam about a month ago. Granted, it was a connecting flight to get me to Ireland, but there are plenty of reasons to take a flight without crossing an ocean. Take the size of the US, as well. Having done a check, Google says that going from Los Angeles to New York would take you about 40 hours in the car, compared to flying where it will only take you five hours.

I think I've only taken a red-eye flight once, and I was too tired to care about the other passengers.

Apparently a red-eye flight is defined as a flight that leaves late at night to arrive early in the morning. There's nothing to say that its express purpose was to allow travellers to sleep. The term itself comes from having red eyes as part of fatigue, which can be aggravated by travelling at night.

#65 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• 5,201 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 15:50

I think by now I can deal with most annoyances on plains, the idiots who binge drink that smelly wine, the loud children, the seat kickers or people who stink. The one thing I still can't deal with is plane food. OMG, its all microwaved and tastes like garbage. 

#66 sava700

sava700

• 1,409 posts
  • Phone: nice phone

Posted 29 December 2013 - 16:43

loud kids, loud people in general, seat kicking if it happens but lately I've not had that issue, storing carry on baggage (and there is a lot of it now cause of checked baggage fees) over another persons seat rather your own, those that are in the back of the plane or a seat behind you rushing up to get out first just because they either didn't carry something on or they feel they are special to pass everyone else. I always like to fly and get front seats to get on last and off first to avoid running into other people or whatever and its very annoying to have people do this out of turn of seating numbers.