18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello folks,

Couple of months ago bought ZTE Blade (orange San Francisco)- my first truly functional Android phone, with Swedish Snow ROM (

Posted

I have a Lenovo A820 which I purchased from etotalk.com (full link below) and I can't recommend them highly enough. Posted to the UK via DHL comes to around

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks,

Plenty of reviews about many of the considered phones, just none to find to be comparative to each other, hence appreciate good words about Lenovo, though batteries are better on S series...?

also knowing, that all of them made in China- makes one wander if not paying for the brand big name and going with  STAR S7189 MTK6589 and gaining even better specs would be the best choice?

Obviously, undecided still....

Posted

If you can afford the Moto G i would say hands down to get that, its quality branded device for

2 people like this

Posted

Well in a current phone I have 8gb near full of apps (mainly maps for at least two different SatNavs, apart from GoogleMaps) it is to do with me being abroad occasionally and roaming charges there are extortionate!.

My photos, music, videos alone over 2 gb, then games etc...

Google (in MotoG) Copied Apple with no external expansion or daft price change over costing "nothing"- storage...

Also comparability with 4G is to be considered, as in UK I am mainly on Three network, which to be free change over, though, also have my other phone (ideally just SIM) for my private (old) number.... everything is pointing towards non mainstream Lenovo or even Star (i thinks same factory making them) 

Lets face it- either MotoG 16GB-

Posted

Thanks,

Plenty of reviews about many of the considered phones, just none to find to be comparative to each other, hence appreciate good words about Lenovo, though batteries are better on S series...?

also knowing, that all of them made in China- makes one wander if not paying for the brand big name and going with  STAR S7189 MTK6589 and gaining even better specs would be the best choice?

Obviously, undecided still....

Whilst we are talking about Lenovo, there are the world's 3rd biggest mobile phone seller in world, only Samsung and Apple sell more phones than them worldwide, now seems incredible to say that as they don't market their mobiles in the Western market as of yet. I guess when they do, they are sure to give Samsung at least and good run for their money.

The Star you mention only beats the Lenovo I linked to with the screen size and the fact it has a front camera otherwise the specifications are almost identical.

Regarding the battery, my A820 comes with a 2000Mah battery, and with my usage I get around 1.5-2 days usage from a single charge. I can't comment on what the batteries are like on the S series.

Looking through your list, I would go with the Lenovo A850, faster than the Star, later version of Android too.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, I just bought the new Motorola phone (I forget the exact model number it was just recently released quad core processor model with a 5mp camera) for my son as a Christmas present. I was really impressed by it and how well priced it was (

1 person likes this

Posted

Whilst we are talking about Lenovo, there are the world's 3rd biggest mobile phone seller in world, only Samsung and Apple sell more phones than them worldwide, now seems incredible to say that as they don't market their mobiles in the Western market as of yet. I guess when they do, they are sure to give Samsung at least and good run for their money.

The Star you mention only beats the Lenovo I linked to with the screen size and the fact it has a front camera otherwise the specifications are almost identical.

Regarding the battery, my A820 comes with a 2000Mah battery, and with my usage I get around 1.5-2 days usage from a single charge. I can't comment on what the batteries are like on the S series.

Looking through your list, I would go with the Lenovo A850, faster than the Star, later version of Android too.

Indeed!

You are most likely having the best overview and it is by all means sound like best shopping solution.

Posted

One more question:

Anyone knows for certain what bandwidths and specs will be on Three (UK) and compatibility with handsets for 4G service?

Thanks

Posted

One more question:

Anyone knows for certain what bandwidths and specs will be on Three (UK) and compatibility with handsets for 4G service?

Thanks

To further answer my original answer, the phone I was trying to describe was the moto g

I'm not sure about the bandwidth, I've tried various approaches with 3 to find out who they're piggybacking on, they claim they have their own network, but one manager let slip they're on the cellnet network, which could be O2 or Vodaphone I believe.

Posted

To further answer my original answer, the phone I was trying to describe was the moto g

I'm not sure about the bandwidth, I've tried various approaches with 3 to find out who they're piggybacking on, they claim they have their own network, but one manager let slip they're on the cellnet network, which could be O2 or Vodaphone I believe.

Whilst I understand your excitement in your purchase (Motorola) it is not that good for me as:

1- single SIM

2 (very importantly)- no expansion or silly pricing for 16GB model. My current needs are already greater than 8GB

Obvious business policy though not to be open about their network features, in order to sell more overpriced/ new flash branded and locked to their network handsets...

Will have  to dig in to it deeper, to be sure of full 4G feature use, unless somebody already have answers?

Just had a nice find in TV program, very vague "analysis" to say, but puts Huawei 510 above LG 5...

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/videos/jon-test/series-18-episode-10-budget-smartphones

so

Shame they didn't test single Lenovo phone there....

Posted

an long and rather decent chat to Three network adviser/engineer update:

4G three (own) network protocol will be LTE (4G specific) 2100Mhz frequency service

3G WCDMA protocol phones 2100Mhs will be supported, but only being 3.5 times faster than standard 3G service.

Meaning, that currently they have only 4 models to cater for the full 4G service...

Out of current LENOVO models we've established Z K910 being fully compatible, though is quite a bit over my intended spending budget at the moment.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_z_k910-5843.php

Posted

Jesus... what on earth is that Three adviser smoking? Anyway - i'll try and write it in a nutshell:

3's 4G network will use 1800MHz and 800MHz. It is a very young 4G network at the minute, and so 800MHz isn't yet rolling out.

2100MHz is for their 3G services - they use DC-HSDPA so with a compatible 3G phone, you'll see minimal benefit from 4G (I can hit 22mb on Three's DC-HSDPA network).

In order to use 3's 4G network, you will need an LTE capable phone supporting bands 20 and 3 (There's also a band 7 which the other networks use).

Usage limits on 3 are the same on 4G as 3G. So if you have an unlimited plan, it'll remain unlimited on 4G.

1 person likes this

Posted

hehrrrr...

to be honest Biohead is quite right (er), than that advisor...

could be the smokes, as it has contradicted detailed info in my previous post from 3g.co.uk 

perhaps a bit of patience will be rewarded with clarity and handsets prices ;)

Posted

I was certain to be getting Lenovo phone, turns out only very best-flagship wibe K910 is fully LTE (4G) compatible...

Shame, as it had everything going for it, quality, specs, dual SIM's

last aspect of this deliberation had become most important now- 4G

Any opinions/comments on these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huawei-Ascend-P1-LTE-U9202L-Dual-core-4G-phone-4G-Network-LTE-800-1800-2600-/201009242364?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item2ecd15a0fc

says 4G...?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321262737870

absolutely top (or even over) set budget

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221345158731

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HTC-Desire-300-Free-Smartphone/dp/B00FZLKNFG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=HHSX6VQHUI8K&coliid=I2ONNZILN7NB7L

Or should I wait little for the dual SIMmed Lenovo models to pop out?

decisions, decisions, decisions

Posted

any updates as for new models with:

dual sim's

truly 4G / 3G / 2G

screen of over 5"

GooglePlay supported and 

decent price about?

Thanks!

Posted

Google (in MotoG) Copied Apple with no external expansion or daft price change over costing "nothing"- storage...

I think the no sd card has more to do with avoiding the Microsoft patent extortion tax, than trying to rip off customers.
1 person likes this