Photo

The Nintendo 3DS XL does not include a charger?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 Tha Bloo Monkee

Tha Bloo Monkee

Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:02

Seems silly to not even include at least a simple USB cable to charge with.  I'm certain that the ones around here come with one, but others have said that in North America they do.

#17 Liana

Liana

Tech Girl

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:26

I feel as though this was a crazy move by Nintendo. Not including a charger simply isn't something that's done.

What's next, second analog stick sold separately? Oh wait...

#18 link6155

link6155

Neowinian

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:38

What's next, second analog stick sold separately? Oh wait...

Barely any games use the Circle pad pro anyways. Also, if the 3DS did come with a second analog stick built in, where would it go? The design is compact as it is and it takes the layout base on it's predecessors.

#19 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:44

I got a 3DS XL about a month ago and it came with a charger.

#20 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:29

Pretty cocky to not include a charger because you are comfortable with how many DS users are upgrading.

#21 InTheSwiss

InTheSwiss

Neowinian

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:42

Yeah it is ####ing annoying that it isn't included. I picked up a 3DS XL a few months back and was annoyed I had to buy the charger for £7 extra! I believe it is just a European (and Japan?) thing though as the US gets the charger. Cheap ass Nintendo :(

#22 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:48

Yeah it is ****ing annoying that it isn't included. I picked up a 3DS XL a few months back and was annoyed I had to buy the charger for £7 extra! I believe it is just a European (and Japan?) thing though as the US gets the charger. Cheap ass Nintendo :(

Holy ####, that's steep.

#23 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:52

I'm in two frames of mind about this, it really should come with one. It's an essential part of the console and it isn't even clearly stated on the front of the box that the charger isn't included. At the same time though, if the charger was included they'd just have put the price up to include it and we'd be none the wiser, people complain that it costs more but that's only because you see what you're paying for it and I suppose for people that do already have a compatible charger it's a small saving. In general though I think it really should be included, I was never told it didn't come with one and in April when I got a 3DS I got home eager to play only to find I'd need to wait till the next day to go back to the shop and buy a charger :(

#24 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:02

I'm in two frames of mind about this, it really should come with one. It's an essential part of the console and it isn't even clearly stated on the front of the box that the charger isn't included. At the same time though, if the charger was included they'd just have put the price up to include it and we'd be none the wiser, people complain that it costs more but that's only because you see what you're paying for it and I suppose for people that do already have a compatible charger it's a small saving. In general though I think it really should be included, I was never told it didn't come with one and in April when I got a 3DS I got home eager to play only to find I'd need to wait till the next day to go back to the shop and buy a charger :(

I doubt not including a charger saves all that much money. They are selling them @ a cost of 7 pounds (~13 AUD, ~ 11.50USD), that is an incredible price hike. If they were manufacturing them in bulk and including them it would cost very little to produce them.

#25 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:03

I doubt not including a charger saves all that much money. They are selling them @ a cost of 7 pounds (~13 AUD, ~ 11.50USD), that is an incredible price hike. If they were manufacturing them in bulk and including them it would cost very little to produce them.

I know, that's why I said "small saving".

#26 compl3x

compl3x

✮؛✮؛✮؛✮؛✮

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:13

I know, that's why I said "small saving".

I know, I am agreeing with you :)

#27 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:19

I know, I am agreeing with you :)

Ahh, then you have my apologies good sir!

#28 Liana

Liana

Tech Girl

Posted 26 December 2013 - 15:54

Barely any games use the Circle pad pro anyways. Also, if the 3DS did come with a second analog stick built in, where would it go? The design is compact as it is and it takes the layout base on it's predecessors.

I agree with you, I just thought it was an odd add-on for them to make.

#29 shadowgmo

shadowgmo

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 26 December 2013 - 16:09

I got one for Christmas (I got it from my girlfriend at the beginning of December) and it came with a charger.

A friend bought one a couple days ago and it came with a charger.

This is in Costa Rica, Central America.

#30 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 26 December 2013 - 16:32

Wow, I would have been pretty upset if the XL we purchased for my step-son didn't come with a charger.  It only came with about an hours worth of charge on it out-of-the-box.

Can the 3DSXL be charged with a USB cable?  The connector looked proprietary to me....

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!