Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

2K Will Not Renew MLB License for 2014

10 posts in this topic

2K Will Not Renew MLB License for 2014

Official MLB 2K pages removed from 2K site.

by Andrew Goldfarb
January 6, 2014

2K has declined to renew its license for the Major League Baseball 2K series. Speaking to Polygon, a 2K representative issued the following statement:

I'm not a baseball fan but I play NBA2K every-other year and still prefer to download updated rosters for NFL2K5 vs the annually atrocious Madden.

The 2K sports group is easily the most talented sports dev imo. I'm surprised to hear this, MLB games must be low in demand these days.

Aw, man!

Not much of a gamer, but the games I do play are mostly all sports games, especially baseball and footblall and NASCAR.

The 2K sports group is easily the most talented sports dev imo.

the 2k hockey games were big piles of crap,and the EA ones murdered them.

NFL2K5 = Tecmo Bowl for the next generation.
Also the only sports game that actually kept me engaged for an entire season.
My Eagles beat KC that year for the Super Bowl.  TO had to of scored like 14 touchdowns. Gotta love the irony.

I'm not a baseball fan but I play NBA2K every-other year and still prefer to download updated rosters for NFL2K5 vs the annually atrocious Madden.

The 2K sports group is easily the most talented sports dev imo. I'm surprised to hear this, MLB games must be low in demand these days.

MLB2K wasn't a good game. The Show kills it every year. EA's old game, MVP Baseball (they had to stop producing because of a license agreement between MLB and 2K), was better than 2K as well. 

The news isn't all that surprising. Baseball games aren't nearly as popular as Madden, but 2K wasn't great. It had bright spots, but there were only a few.

1 person likes this

MLB2K wasn't a good game. The Show kills it every year. EA's old game, MVP Baseball (they had to stop producing because of a license agreement between MLB and 2K), was better than 2K as well. 

The news isn't all that surprising. Baseball games aren't nearly as popular as Madden, but 2K wasn't great. It had bright spots, but there were only a few.

Hm.

Like I said, I'm not a baseball fan, but the 2K sport's NFL and NBA titles have never disappointed me.

But yeah, I have now read that most people prefer Sony's The Show to MLB2K.

MLB The Show > everything else

1 person likes this

I think this is GREAT news.  2K spoiled the franchise.  Maybe EA will get the license back.  Say what you will about EA, but their baseball games were excellent.

MLB The Show > everything else

The show is visually stunning!