Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nokia is launching an Android phone on MWC

12 posts in this topic

Posted

"Nokia

Posted

Um where are you making the jump from having an image leak of a prototype to this thing launching at MWC?

Posted

It is not me making a jump to a conclusion, but GSM Arena probably has some good info since they brought the news.

Posted

Well, I hate to break it to you, but the phone has been known for a while. It was an internal prototype developed before MSFT bought them.

Posted

I am not sure how likely this is if Nokia's device division was bought by Microsoft.

Perhaps a customized version of Android with tightly integrated Microsoft services would be an alternative? SkyDrive, Office, Bing Maps (Here is basically Bing maps, but not really).

Posted

Perhaps a customized version of Android with tightly integrated Microsoft services would be an alternative? SkyDrive, Office, Bing Maps (Here is basically Bing maps, but not really).

I want you to go back and read this out loud to yourself.

In what universe would MSFT allow that to happen, while trying to push Windows Phone to more market share?

2 people like this

Posted

In what universe would MSFT allow that to happen, while trying to push Windows Phone to more market share?

About as likely as seeing Microsoft Xenix making a comeback.

Posted

I guess the question is if MSFT is going to keep making Asha phones. If they are, then this phone actually makes sense.  It's not a Google android phone (no Play apps, none of the google stuff), but a Microsoft Android phone (with Xbox music, Skype, stuff like that, no app store).  In every sense, a dumb smartphone. 

Posted

I guess the question is if MSFT is going to keep making Asha phones. If they are, then this phone actually makes sense.  It's not a Google android phone (no Play apps, none of the google stuff), but a Microsoft Android phone (with Xbox music, Skype, stuff like that, no app store).  In every sense, a dumb smartphone.

It doesn't really make that much sense. If they were going to do something like that they'd be better off using a stripped down version of Windows Phone. They'd at least know that it would perform well on low-end hardware.

Posted

Funny.  Even funnier if it happens.

Posted

High-end quality Android with TIFKAM customization would really bring some much-needed fresh air in otherwise by now sickeningly stale Android world. With my eyes closed (so it's easier to dream stupid things), I hope that it happens.