with or w/0 HDR mode?

do you guys use hdr mode for nexus5?

nexus5 has specifically introduced us this hdr feature with their device, and i wondered if it is a standard feature you must use equalizing the quality of other phones where you just press the shutter right away (which focuses and shoots fast enough)  :(

I just tested it now, it takes a second to take the photo once you hit the capture button. Whereas with HDR off it's pretty much instant. The differences in the pictures is negligible.. something which can easily be done afterwards with some colour balancing and whatnot.

It did look better in HDR mode though, I think the colours represented are more true to life than a standard shot with this camera.

I'd say in most cases it's not convenient because of the delay, but I'd use it if I was taking a photo of a still object.

HDR will never be faster than taking a single shot. HDR works by taking a series of shots at different exposures and then stitching them together to make a better picture. So it will be slower.

HDR = high dynamic range. Its largest advantage will be seen where it's difficult to see into the shadows and the brightly lit sections simultaneously. Simply reducing the contrast can let you see them in one exposure, but these images are ofted flat & muddy. HDR lets you see them while preserving a sharp contrast.

hdr-before-and-after-izmir-harbor.jpg

• Like 1