PlayStation 4 user data being corrupted with error CE-34878-0, Sony suggest wiping consoles

Apparently this error code is only effecting those people with Battlefield 4 on the PS4. 

That own Battlefield 4, or for BF4 save files? Lots of accounts there from customers playing other games in the forum thread.

Kinda worrying if games can impact one another in that way, even if BF4 was the culprit, somehow.

People have BF4 save files on PS4?! I've played the game a few times and still have to start campaign from the beginning each time I try to pick up where I left off. I've given up on campaign completely now.

I'm not sure how they have gotten to "hundreds if not thousands" from a 34 page thread. I suspect the issue is nowhere near as bad as they are making it sound. There are a lot of people on both sides jumping up and worrying about every error and expecting it to be some sort of system killer. There will always be errors when it comes to these sorts of things, if anyone thought buying a console thought this sort of thing only happens on PC then I suspect they don't really understand these things in the first place.