MSNBC interrupts congresswoman for report on Justin Bieber

This is everything that's wrong with media today, but at the same time, it's partly the general public's fault as well. This IS the news that a lot of people care about sadly.

• Like 2

This is everything that's wrong with media today, but at the same time, it's partly the general public's fault as well. This IS the news that a lot of people care about sadly.

Yep. To the credit of the filthy rich in this country that hemorrhage money into elections, at least they care about politics, even if for their own personal gain, more than Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus or the Kardashians. Can't say the same about the general public if a 'news' network has come to this.

• Like 1

Well, considering congress is supposed to work for us, they should have no problem being put on hold.  It's about time people stop treating these people that work for us as though we work for them.

Well, considering congress is supposed to work for us, they should have no problem being put on hold.  It's about time people stop treating these people that work for us as though we work for them.

Think you're missing the point entirely.

It's interrupting a pretty big story about wide scale surveillance in the US/World and it's being interrupted by news of a celebrity being arrested. To prioritise something like that is ridiculous.

I was actually quite interested to hear this news! TBH, it put a lovely bright moment on a bit of a downer of an evening and I spent a good 10 minutes or so laughing my arse off! :p

Cheered me up no end! ;)

I was actually quite interested to hear this news! TBH, it put a lovely bright moment on a bit of a downer of an evening and I spent a good 10 minutes or so laughing my arse off! :p

Cheered me up no end! ;)

Me too, but this still has no place as "breaking" news on a supposedly hard news/analysis program. Dumb.

Me too, but this still has no place as "breaking" news on a supposedly hard news/analysis program. Dumb.

Eh, who cares about more lies from a politicians yap?  They're all the same. :p

I watched a bit of the news someat about Justin Bieber being arrested for doing drugs whilst driving or someat in the UK and it said something like this "and this is just cementing Biebers bad boy attitude where earlier on in the week his neighbours were complaining about some kid throwing eggs at his neighbours house" obviously bieber... bad boy wtf lol, chuck him into a young offenders, or a prison for a week and he'll be someones bitch for the duration and come out with a different attitude

I watched a bit of the news someat about Justin Bieber being arrested for doing drugs whilst driving or someat in the UK and it said something like this "and this is just cementing Biebers bad boy attitude where earlier on in the week his neighbours were complaining about some kid throwing eggs at his neighbours house" obviously bieber... bad boy wtf lol, chuck him into a young offenders, or a prison for a week and he'll be someones bitch for the duration and come out with a different attitude

Wouldn't change him at all and I guarantee they'd put him in an area away from other inmates. Everyone thought it would change Paris Hilton and all that came out of that was everyone noticed that she actually looks better without make-up when she came out of the building.

Think you're missing the point entirely.

It's interrupting a pretty big story about wide scale surveillance in the US/World and it's being interrupted by news of a celebrity being arrested. To prioritise something like that is ridiculous.

I think you're missing the point that surveillance has been an on-going story for months and that what they broke into was late-breaking news, regardless how idiotic that late breaking news may be. News stations not only prioritize what is aired, but also compete to be the breaking news leader - even if the news is ridiculous.  It's just the game played.

Believe me, if this was any major news on surveillance, they wouldn't have a lowly congress person presenting it.