9 posts in this topic

A scam that repeats itself in modified forms every few years is once again spreading throughout the United States. Don

Literally had one of these yesterday.  From 268 area code.

Won't work on me. I only answer calls I'm expecting or from numbers I know otherwise you go to voicemail. I also use the SIT Intercept tone at the beginning of the voicemail recording to deal with robocallers. :shiftyninja:

1 person likes this

Explains some of my strange cell calls.  :wacko:

This was happening to my wife one night while we were on the road. They called dozens of times, with a live person, who didn't speak english on the other end. I have no idea what they were saying, but every time they called, I either cursed at them similar to what Tom Cruise did in Tropic Thunder or I screamed stupid stuff like "Hadouken!" or "Shin Shoryuken!" whenever they said something too me. Eventually I ran out of vulgarities, videogame/Movie quotes and finally blocked their number.

They say the caller calls the victim and let the phone ring, just long enough to generate a missed call. It's designed to get the recipient to call back. Are telephone companies doing something about this?

Anytime I get a call from a # I don't recognize, I bing it.  If there's no results on Bing, I wait for them to leave a voicemail. If you don't leave a voicemail, then you obviously don't really want to talk to me.

1 person likes this

I got a 243 call today, which I ignored -- don't know anyone in Ohio.