Hello from sunny UK

Hi,

I found this site courtesy of some Google searching for a forum that discusses mobile devices and games amongst other things.

I live in the UK (NW England) and am probably a few years older than most here. It's been about 10 years since I signed up to a forum :)

I'm a pretty seasoned web developer (C#, MSSQL, WAMP, and all other web techs) and have also spent a number of years in professional game development.

The last of which was with the ill-fated Acclaim Entertainment about 12 years ago.

Anyway, I'm happy to help with any web tech queries if that sort of thing floats anyone's boat on here and I look forward to joining in the discussions.

Mark

Wet and windy in this bit of the North West you must live somewhere near the rainbows end or the Foxes Inn.

Welcome to the mad house :D

Welcome :) Which games did you work on at Acclaim?

Nothing too thrilling. I worked as lead artist on All Star Baseball 2003 for the Gameboy Advance. That game seemed to take forever to make!

I also did some work on Super Monkey Ball Jnr before the team broke away to form a new studio. Everything else was a bit dull but it was a great experience.

I wish I could say I worked on Turok! But I'd be lying :)

Wet and windy in this bit of the North West you must live somewhere near the rainbows end or the Foxes Inn.

Welcome to the mad house :D

Oh it's definitely wet and windy here :) 

Haha, did your acclaim job involve you working on the SN systems GBA dev kits by any chance? :)

Possibly! I was quite detached from the tech tbh. My tools were 3DStudioMax and Photoshop. :)

Were you a GBA dev?

Possibly! I was quite detached from the tech tbh. My tools were 3DStudioMax and Photoshop. :)

Were you a GBA dev?

Haha nope, I just happened to buy a GBA dev kit with someone else and they got one with an 'ACCLAIM' sticker on it!

• 1 month later...