Agreed, with the above. You really are doing yourself justice. 

Not sure if you are finding the bugs yourself (something I wish the developers I work with could do) or you're getting feedback from elsewhere as I certainly haven't really noticed anything!

You, sir, are a credit to developers!

YES! Dude, you rock! Very welcome update and I can't wait to see future versions with a "Now Playing" feature :D! As always, keep up the good work!

Thanks both :)

Really loving this!! please don't stop making this app!

I'm not planning on stopping yet. But I've decided, if I ever stop, I'm open sourcing the application. At least someone else can pick up where I left off. It would be a shame to see this go to waste.

Agreed, with the above. You really are doing yourself justice. 

Not sure if you are finding the bugs yourself (something I wish the developers I work with could do) or you're getting feedback from elsewhere as I certainly haven't really noticed anything!

I'm finding the bugs myself (I'm not getting any other feedback than here). Using the app on a daily basis and the fact I hate it when it doesn't work as expected (almost OCD here :)) sure helps.

Because a picture is worth a thousand words: Custom Tooltips! Also, notice the song rating is now also under the cover picture.

KGQNYzi.png

Build 143 (which includes the "now playing" screen) is available for download. You can get it on my blog.

really loving build 143, i had it playing at my house gathering tuesday and lots of epople where asking if it was windows 8's new player lol, i told them its a custom one, everyone seemed impressed!

Looking good! The Now Playing screen is a nice addition, looks good having it full screened if I'm off doing something else and have music on, means I can easily see what's on :)!

This is an incredible player! It has become my default player.

One thing, could there be an option to make a shortcut on the desktop/start screen once setup has finished?

Liking the look of this, although am i just being stupid? How do you get music into the app? Tried dragging and dropping but nothing appears in the 'Collection'

Liking the look of this, although am i just being stupid? How do you get music into the app? Tried dragging and dropping but nothing appears in the 'Collection'

Where it says Collection, if you mouse hover over that it has a little pencil icon for edit, you can then add in music folders there. That is a possible suggestion though, should the folder selection be under settings instead as a more logical place to look?

ManageCollection.png

Agh excellent, thanks for that. It would be good to have it more obvious like another option next to "new playlist" such as "Add music" or something more appropriate. 

Amazing job OP. Look into making a Windows Phone version too if you get the time. Perhaps a universal app? You can reuse a lot of the same code for it.

really loving build 143, i had it playing at my house gathering tuesday and lots of epople where asking if it was windows 8's new player lol, i told them its a custom one, everyone seemed impressed!

That nice to hear/read! Thanks for your feedback. Very much appreciated :)

Looking good! The Now Playing screen is a nice addition, looks good having it full screened if I'm off doing something else and have music on, means I can easily see what's on :)!

Indeed. That'll probably be the main usage of the now playing screen.

It looks fabulous! Do you have WASAPI support built-in?

Sorry, no WASAPI support (yet)

This is an incredible player! It has become my default player.

One thing, could there be an option to make a shortcut on the desktop/start screen once setup has finished?

I'll look into that. Added to my tasks.

Where it says Collection, if you mouse hover over that it has a little pencil icon for edit, you can then add in music folders there. That is a possible suggestion though, should the folder selection be under settings instead as a more logical place to look?

ManageCollection.png

Agh excellent, thanks for that. It would be good to have it more obvious like another option next to "new playlist" such as "Add music" or something more appropriate. 

Indeed, it's not straight forward at all as it is now. It's been implemented that way from day one, and never changed (mostly because I've been the only user for a long time). I'll start working on a better out of the box experience before adding new stuff. Thanks Skiver for explaining that.

Wow, animations in the video look great! Will they be coming with the next build or do you still need to do more work on them?

This is very nice, excellent work :)

Thanks!

Wow, animations in the video look great! Will they be coming with the next build or do you still need to do more work on them?

I want to test them a bit more before putting it them a stable build. If you want to try them out, they're in "unstable" build 162 ("unstable builds" folder in the downloads section here). If I find no issues, build 162 will probably be promoted to stable build. The "unstable builds" folder contains builds with the latest changes (with possible very minor issues), but are usually very stable. I could find another name for the folder though :)

Thanks!I want to test them a bit more before putting it them a stable build. If you want to try them out, they're in "unstable" build 162 ("unstable builds" folder in the downloads section here). If I find no issues, build 162 will probably be promoted to stable build. The "unstable builds" folder contains builds with the latest changes (with possible very minor issues), but are usually very stable. I could find another name for the folder though :)

Ahh yeah found it! Last time I was on the download page it was only release and stable :p Downloaded it there and I love it! The animations are brilliant, makes the program seem so fluid and alive! Err "unstable" is actually quite a good description I suppose :p I'm not really sure how you're classing the program as a whole just now, whether it be alpha, beta or stable but the only other word that I can really think of that shows it might be buggy but with the latest features is "preview" :)

I actually have a couple of features to suggest if you get time;

1: I actually thought this was already in there but, having the app remember where I am in the main collection for the next time. So if I'm listening to it shuffled, next time I open it starts the same song it was last playing rather than skip back to the first song in my collection.

2: Allow a customer order for playlists, so if I have some songs that don't have a specific track order it would be nice to be able to drag them into an order I want.

wow, this music player keeps getting better and better every time i look at this thread. keep up the good work man :)

Ahh yeah found it! Last time I was on the download page it was only release and stable :p Downloaded it there and I love it! The animations are brilliant, makes the program seem so fluid and alive! Err "unstable" is actually quite a good description I suppose :p I'm not really sure how you're classing the program as a whole just now, whether it be alpha, beta or stable but the only other word that I can really think of that shows it might be buggy but with the latest features is "preview" :)

I like this idea. To keep it simple and clear I reorganized the download folders into "Releases" and "Previews". There was no need to split up the builds into stable and unstable.

The "Releases" folder will stay empty for still some time to come :(, as there is still quite some work to add even basic stuff like file associations, bulk tag editing, detection of tag changes outside musix (without having to rebuild the collection) and other optimizations.

The "Previews" folder contains the development snapshots that are stable enough for daily use.

I actually have a couple of features to suggest if you get time;

1: I actually thought this was already in there but, having the app remember where I am in the main collection for the next time. So if I'm listening to it shuffled, next time I open it starts the same song it was last playing rather than skip back to the first song in my collection.

2: Allow a customer order for playlists, so if I have some songs that don't have a specific track order it would be nice to be able to drag them into an order I want.

I've added the features to the wish list. 

Interesting. Will have to check this out tomorrow when I'm back on Windows. Looks great.

wow, this music player keeps getting better and better every time i look at this thread. keep up the good work man :)

Thanks!