SQL noobie

Question

Hey, I am just starting with SQL and would like a GUI took that works well with MySQL SQL-server and Oracle. 

I just need to practice making quarries and pulling data from multiple tables and such. I hear it's a good idea to get comfortable with one interface that works with all of them.

your guidance is much appreciated. I am learning through nuggetlab.

thanks,

9 answers to this question

Hey, I am just starting with SQL and would like a GUI took that works well with MySQL SQL-server and Oracle. 

I just need to practice making quarries and pulling data from multiple tables and such. I hear it's a good idea to get comfortable with one interface that works with all of them.

your guidance is much appreciated. I am learning through nuggetlab.

thanks,

>> https://www.coursera.org/course/db <<

I'm not aware of any GUI that works with all of them.  Frankly I see no reason for a GUI to do it all.  Each DB has their own console for making queries.

ive never cared for MySQL, personally. I learned the majority of my "skills" (im still not very good) using MSSQL. Perhaps you download a copy of Express and have at it.

You could also try Oracle's SQL Developer tool. I'm pretty sure it's free and I think it will connect to MySQL as well as Oracle. 

Here's a link SQL Developer

Hello,

ive never cared for MySQL, personally. I learned the majority of my "skills" (im still not very good) using MSSQL. Perhaps you download a copy of Express and have at it.

You cant advance much then; MySQL is supported on A LOT of platforms and you can use MySQL as your DB in Windows Server. MS SQL is more Microsoft products and that's about it.

Without a doubt. I use Workbench at work.

thanks everyone. I came to the conclusion that it's better to just start somewhere and then maybe get well rounded and find something with features I need/like. Workbench seems fun so far, easy to install and figure out. Having a blast so far. love the diagrams.