Sync Email

Gmail, Office 365 or Exchange. Take a pick. Its the technology not the device. Does your ISP offer IMAP or POP3? There is your problem. A possible workaround could be forwarding all your ISP emails to a gmail account and then add the gmail account to your devices.

Basically it boils down to what froggyliver said. If the server doesn't have some sort of sync capability such as IMAP or Exchange or Gmails setup you'll end up using POP3 which just downloads a COPY of the email from the server. So when you reply or read the message it doesn't affect what's on the server. This becomes a problem when other systems connect to the same email account they see the email as NEW again instead of already read.

TL:DR - You need proper support on the server and it's highly unlikely your ISP supports IMAP or Exchange. Switch to a proper email service and you'll be set.

Basically it boils down to what froggyliver said. If the server doesn't have some sort of sync capability such as IMAP or Exchange or Gmails setup you'll end up using POP3 which just downloads a COPY of the email from the server. So when you reply or read the message it doesn't affect what's on the server. This becomes a problem when other systems connect to the same email account they see the email as NEW again instead of already read.

TL:DR - You need proper support on the server and it's highly unlikely your ISP supports IMAP or Exchange. Switch to a proper email service and you'll be set.

Very few servers don't support IMAP... I don't think I have ever seen an ISP without IMAP support.

But, overall, I agree. Decouple your email from your ISP as that is a very bad link to have in place.

Very few servers don't support IMAP... I don't think I have ever seen an ISP without IMAP support.

But, overall, I agree. Decouple your email from your ISP as that is a very bad link to have in place.

I can't decide which is worse: @isp or @aol. Maybe @isp just by a little bit because you at least had to have signed up for a separate account at AOL