Xbox One Named a 2014

The difference is that it was saying that at the end of 2013 the winner was PS4.  However, this is saying that for the rest of this year.. the BEST product (including tv's, computers, etc) is the XBone.  I think it comes down to.. how can a product be deemed the best of the year when the year has only just begun.

I would agree, but on two counts. I can't see how a console could be deemed console of the year with less than a month time of actual hands on. And I agree it seem odd that one would deem a product of the year so early.

That said, it was a consumer decision. The other good news here is that it's great news for gamers. It promotes the console, promotes gaming, and media.

I don't see anyone you mentioned supporting either of the awards or topics. In fact AB even goes so far to say that the kool aid changes every month which is arguably what happened here.

Both topics and awards are jokes, but hey, more fuel for the fire and all.

His reaction to PS4 getting it = are you surprised, wasn't it obvious?

His reaction to XBO getting it = isn't this too early?

I don't think the quotes could be more obvious.

• Like 3

I would agree, but on two counts. I can't see how a console could be deemed console of the year with less than a month time of actual hands on. And I agree it seem odd that one would deem a product of the year so early.

That said, it was a consumer decision. The other good news here is that it's great news for gamers. It promotes the console, promotes gaming, and media.

Right, and if you read my other posts it wasn't a: Of course PS4 is the best rah rah.  I had made a comment about what others had been saying.  And while no, it's not fair to say one is better only being out for a month.. the alternative would have been to give the wii u the title.. or a last gen console the title. 

It is good news for gamers in that it promotes consoles and gaming, and may get people interested and get them actually researching and buying.  Which is indeed a good push for game makers and the like.

Actually I haven't even bothered to really mention the XB1 here, so this is a gross misquote. I challenged the company doing product of the year wards for 2014 in Feb. Get it right before you try and set the hounds on me.

I am confused as well.

People have to watch what they say in reaction to news like this becuase it can come back to bite them later when similar news comes out on the other side of the discussion.

These types of awards are not scientific, they are mearly random snapshots of a group of people that decide to participate. None of these can truly represent the majority of users, but boy do people like to treat them like they do.

This is right up there with any 'award' that is based on votes from people. If your worried that its an unfair award or that they are no justifying the choice properly, well then talk to those that voted they way they did.

It seems like the only thing these awards are used for on the internet is to argue over their favorite choice compared to what the results were.

I think you're making it out to be something else, but that's just my interpretation. I certainly remember lots of articles about "which should I buy" with the PS4 winning which is how I think the TrustedReview article comes across. The same can be said for "E3 awards", what is that exactly? An award for a half finished product? I always laugh when they stick that on game boxes.

Either way keep it civil guys.

I think you're making it out to be something else, but that's just my interpretation. I certainly remember lots of articles about "which should I buy" with the PS4 winning which is how I think the TrustedReview article comes across. The same can be said for "E3 awards", what is that exactly? An award for a half finished product? I always laugh when they stick that on game boxes.

Either way keep it civil guys.

I am not making out anything. Those are his posts. As I said, I don't care for these awards because they are pointless to me. The change of tone in these two threads on the other hand is entertaining.

• Like 2

I am not making out anything. Those are his posts. As I said, I don't care for these awards because they are pointless to me. The change of tone in these two threads on the other hand is entertaining.

I don't care either ... same thing to the cars/trucks that they got awards for which you have seen in the commercials.

Most of the products get awards for a reason or two..

Early or not it definitely deserves some kind of award. Judging by the 2014 outlook for electronics, nothing noteworthy appears to be confirmed launches this year so why not. What else has anything handsfree like the Kinect with voice commands, can play games and interface for your cableTV along with entertainment services. I personally don't need those things and have a preference for the PS4, yet own neither but not surprised Xbox won anything for putting out a product that can change how you interact and manage media/entertainment services. Regardless I'm still quite enjoying my PS3.

Its a great product and I love my Xbox One but I am not sure its worthy of product of the year. I am surprised a game console would even show up on there.

Come on guys did anyone review the full list?

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/here-are-2014-products-year-155637

http://parade.condenast.com/264253/katerockwood/attention-shoppers-meet-the-winners-of-the-2014-product-of-the-year-awards/

Xbox One wasn't the "best product of the year 2014", it was one of the "best products of the year 2014".

This is the full list of products:

Baby Care: Huggies Designer Tubs
? Beverages: SK Energy Shots
? Female Personal Cleansing: Dial Coconut Water
? Breakfast: Weight Watchers Smart Ones Oatmeal
? Candy: Starburst Fruit Flavored Candy Corn
? Better For You Snacks: Skinny Cow Divine Filled Chocolates
? Dishwasher Pacs: Sunlight Lemon Oxi Complex Single Dose Power Pacs
? Dishwasher Soap: Finish Quantum Power & Free
? Eggs: Eggland?s Best
? Frozen Foods: Weight Watchers Smart Ones Soup
? Frozen Snacks: El Monterey Nacho Cheese Shell Shocker Taquitos
? Home Appliance: SodaStream Source
? Home Care: Mint-X Rodent Repellent Trash Bag
? Home Entertainment: Xbox One
? Home Improvement: Cabot Premium Wood Finish
? Household Cleaning: Resolve Max Power Gel
? Kid?s Body Care: Dial Kids Body + Hair Wash
? Kids? Snacks: ALDI SimplyNature Squeezable Fruit
? Laundry: Woolite Everyday
? Liquid Soap: Le Savonnier Marseillais All-Purpose Soap
? Men?s Antiperspirant & Deodorant: Right Guard Xtreme Fresh
? Pet Care: Adams Flea & Tick Home Spray
? Specialty Foods: Duncan Hines Decadent Red Velvet Cupcake

The Xbox One is equally as good as Adams Flea & Tick Home Spray, a dozen eggs or a bunch of other products.

I think its funny that Microsoft would even advertise this news on their website.

• Like 2

Come on guys did anyone review the full list?

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/here-are-2014-products-year-155637

http://parade.condenast.com/264253/katerockwood/attention-shoppers-meet-the-winners-of-the-2014-product-of-the-year-awards/

Xbox One wasn't the "best product of the year 2014", it was one of the "best products of the year 2014".

Well If you want to argue the semantics, the article was clearly worded:

"Xbox One Named a 2014 "Product of the Year" Winner"

"2014 ?Product of the Year? award in the home entertainment category!"

:p

I still think it's a silly award, but I'm sure there are people that take Parade's word as gospel and will pick up the Xbox One because of this. They might as well take the publicity and try to make the most of it.

Well If you want to argue the semantics, the article was clearly worded:

"Xbox One Named a 2014 "Product of the Year" Winner"

- That's what I said.

"2014 ?Product of the Year? award in the home entertainment category!"

- It wasn't a category its just a title they gave it (I guess for people who don't know what it is?)

Count me shocked that someone would come in and do their best to turn this against MS even though its a nothing story :rolleyes:

Again, both consoles get awards like this and both companies will advertise them becuase its free pr.  Making anything more out of this is just an attempt stir the fire.