Microsoft Security Essentials to nag Windows XP users

Actually $15 isn't nothing. :p

Also, time to nag you because you didn't answer my question posted above: :laugh:

I know of quite a few people who, at the very least, read and comment on them to me.  Usually involving a phone call and them going "HEEEEELLP!! IT'S GONE ALL WRONG!"

I know of quite a few people who, at the very least, read and comment on them to me.  Usually involving a phone call and them going "HEEEEELLP!! IT'S GONE ALL WRONG!"

That seems quite surprising. Most people I know never read the error messages. Still, the nag seems unnecessary, in my opinion.    

Sounds good until you realize that Apple is a hardware company while Microsoft is a Software company. Apple can give away their software for pennies as it makes people buy their Hardware which is where the profits are anyways. Microsoft can't afford to give away Software as they have no (real) hardware line to fall back on. Xboxes, Keyboards and Mice don't pay the bills :p

As has been stated before - selling Windows licenses or upgrades to consumers isn't exactly their largest market. How many Joe Users do you know who've gone to Best Buy and bought a recent Windows version?