I thought AMD once said they were getting out of the CPU game?

lolwut?

Comparing direct competitors on same price range?

I suppose you didn't get what the FX-9xxx are then. Sure, they're comparable in price, but unless the buyer is illiterate, he should know they're not in the same league.

My problem with your comparison is that AMD competes on bang for buck for most of their line-up, yet you chose the CPUs where they clearly don't.

I suppose you didn't get what the FX-9xxx are then. Sure, they're comparable in price, but unless the buyer is illiterate, he should know they're not in the same league.

My problem with your comparison is that AMD competes on bang for buck for most of their line-up, yet you chose the CPUs where they clearly don't.

performance wise they ARE in the same league :/ 

You could post examples (as did I, Above) and add to the discussion instead of saying "I don't agree with you" :)

Love this thread!

• Like 1

I am looking at this combo for family member: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1492942

This with a bump in memory, graphics should run Photoshop, Pro Show Producer, Light Video Editing, Adobe Light Room, Music and Web OK no?

performance wise they ARE in the same league :/

You could post examples (as did I, Above) and add to the discussion instead of saying "I don't agree with you" :)

You added that after I started writing my response so I didn't see everything until after I posted.

I don't remember the exact benches and I don't care how comparable they are in performance because it needs to pull a lot more power than the FX-8300 which is less than half the price of the FX-9590. And the real kicker is that you can OC the FX-8300 to that level with better cooling.

As for Intel dropping price.. Maybe in the USA with places like Microcenter and rebates, but anywhere else the price hardly budges. Take i5 xx70K series, which would be the best for someone who is focused on gaming like me. Every time a new generation is out, it costs the same as the previous one, if not more, and by the time that previous generation CPU is close to EOL it is 10% cheaper AT BEST.

• Like 3