There is a Real-Life Mario Kart Track in Austin for SXSW

sxsw mario kart nintendo

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CosmicPoop

CosmicPoop

Neowinian

Posted 08 March 2014 - 20:59

I can't believe how amazing this is. I want to go there and do a lap!

http://growld.com/re...ck-austin-sxsw/

MoMYI21.jpg

#2 nullie

nullie

Neowinian

Posted 08 March 2014 - 21:18

This is just a retardedly themed go cart track with Mario Kart graphics and design. :(

I wanted real weapons + literally like texture packs coating the surfaces of everything, including the ground. and large obstacle monsters that were finally made real. :|

when I wipe out, I really want to die, and I want there to be lava that burns and water that drowns and slows me/others down. lmfao

#3 OP CosmicPoop

CosmicPoop

Neowinian

Posted 08 March 2014 - 21:46

This is just a retardedly themed go cart track with Mario Kart graphics and design. :(

I wanted real weapons + literally like texture packs coating the surfaces of everything, including the ground. and large obstacle monsters that were finally made real. :|

when I wipe out, I really want to die, and I want there to be lava that burns and water that drowns and slows me/others down. lmfao

To be fair, it looks like you can still collect weapons that are laid out on the track and use them to hit your opponents. There's a video on it but its not letting me embed it: http://www.austin360...at-sxsw/vCSqZs/

#4 Torolol

Torolol

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:40

isn't that a TradeMark infringement, if that park has no license from Nintendo?

#5 nullie

nullie

Neowinian

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:02

That was what I thought. When I noticed how the costumes of Mario were so perfect, .. I just presume Nintendo endorses the place and gave them the designs/images to use.

#6 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 09 March 2014 - 22:28

isn't that a TradeMark infringement, if that park has no license from Nintendo?

That was what I thought. When I noticed how the costumes of Mario were so perfect, .. I just presume Nintendo endorses the place and gave them the designs/images to use.

It's not a permanent attraction, Nintendo just have a pretty big pressence at SXSW this year (Y)

#7 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 09 March 2014 - 23:00

This is just a retardedly themed go cart track with Mario Kart graphics and design.

1) What did you actually expect?

2) Using the word "retardedly" is massively offensive.

#8 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 09 March 2014 - 23:12

1) What did you actually expect?

2) Using the word "retardedly" is massively offensive.

Retardedly themed would just means it's half themed or that the theme wasn't finished as it should be. technically. 

#9 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

Posted 09 March 2014 - 23:18

technically. 

Technically gay means happy, but be honest, words used in such a context are rare.

#10 nullie

nullie

Neowinian

Posted 10 March 2014 - 00:30

Technically gay means happy, but be honest, words used in such a context are rare.

Language is language. Use it to map out an impression in your mind, but do not judge or take offense. Essentially what matters to you doesn't matter to anyone else is the thing, so it's all in your head.

#11 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

Posted 10 March 2014 - 00:34

Language is language. Use it to map out an impression in your mind, but do not judge or take offense. Essentially what matters to you doesn't matter to anyone else is the thing, so it's all in your head.

Do not attempt wordplay or to backtrack.  Calling something "retarded" comes with conventional connotations.  To deny these or to write them off is disingenuous.

#12 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 March 2014 - 00:39

Live in Austin and have never been. Too bad SXSW is crazy expensive for a pass. Not to mention getting around is a pita.