assassins creed: unity ubisoft montreal pc ps4 xbox one

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Brendeth

Brendeth

Neowinian

• 516 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 16:17

Ubisoft have released a trailer to announce the next game in the Assassin's Creed series, and it looks like this time we'll be heading to France. The game is due out holiday 2014 on PC, Xbox One, Playstation 4.

I seriously don't believe that is alpha game footage, it's too pretty to be legit.

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,206 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 16:27

Looks great as always when it comes to AC, but I've still no urge to revisit the franchise any time soon.

#3 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 8,048 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 21 March 2014 - 16:29

I'm only like 15% done AC IV should probably start playing it again.. maybe once I am done Infamous.

#4 Aergan

Aergan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,524 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro | Xubuntu | OSX Yosemite| Server 2012 R2 | Ubuntu Server
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 21 March 2014 - 16:30

Take my money!

Unfortunately I have no PS4 / Xbox One & my laptop is getting long in the tooth.

#5 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,199 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 21 March 2014 - 16:33

I'm only like 15% done AC IV should probably start playing it again.. maybe once I am done Infamous.

You are 15% further than I am.  :laugh: 
I got the game for the ps4 for $30 (total) just a few weeks after it was released thanks to an Amazon promotion, it also being on sale, and the digital $10 upgrade from PS3 to PS4 (that's included in the $30 total), but I have yet to even launch it as I have just been too busy with other games.

I think it might have wound up being for the best though, I will play it in a few months then be nice and ready for this game. (Y)

#6 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 8,048 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 21 March 2014 - 16:38

You are 15% further than I am.  :laugh: 
I got the game for the ps4 for $30 (total) just a few weeks after it was released thanks to an Amazon promotion, it also being on sale, and the digital $10 upgrade from PS3 to PS4 (that's included in the $30 total), but I have yet to even launch it as I have just been too busy with other games.

I think it might have wound up being for the best though, I will play it in a few months then be nice and ready for this game. (Y)

It's a fun game..just frustrating some times.  I rarely get the "Bonus" for the missions and it makes me feel sad inside.  I got it at walmart and got lucky and bought the limited edition which came with some DLC stuff.  Cost the same as the regular which was sitting beside it.

#7 Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

• 15,447 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 21 March 2014 - 16:43

I swear, if the Character has like a tiny thin mustache, I"ll loose it. :laugh: I'm so excited for this game.

#8 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,507 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 21 March 2014 - 18:21

I'm game, I enjoy the AC games, I know I'm going to get a long game with lots to do so it's worth my money.  I got AC4 for cheap and it's been worth it and then some.  I'm around 53% complete on it and finally with it going next-gen we can get to see something better.  I'm still dying for a newer time period though, 20th century at least, come on guys, how about some interesting gunplay mechanics?

#9 Aergan

Aergan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,524 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro | Xubuntu | OSX Yosemite| Server 2012 R2 | Ubuntu Server
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 21 March 2014 - 18:32

I'm game, I enjoy the AC games, I know I'm going to get a long game with lots to do so it's worth my money.  I got AC4 for cheap and it's been worth it and then some.  I'm around 53% complete on it and finally with it going next-gen we can get to see something better.  I'm still dying for a newer time period though, 20th century at least, come on guys, how about some interesting gunplay mechanics?

I want Victorian / Jack the Ripper era England but they've already previously announced that it will (unfortunately) never happen.

#10 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,507 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 18:36

I want Victorian / Jack the Ripper era England but they've already previously announced that it will (unfortunately) never happen.

Well that's a shame I guess but they like to stay close to key historical moments, this one matches the French revolution so that fits into what they've always done.  I'm waiting for something like WWI or WWII maybe? 

Anyways, about how this game looks so good and still be called Alpha?  I think the answer is easy, they've probably got a whole different team working on this for one, and they've probably started work on the engine targeting next-gen after AC3 was done, meaning for XB1 and PC this should be a full DX11 game.   AC4, even if it's on the new systems is still the same old AC3 engine with some little tweaks, nothing new. 

#11 AsherGZ

AsherGZ

【=◈︿◈=】

• 1,826 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 820, 520

Posted 21 March 2014 - 19:29

Dx11 or Dx12?

#12 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,101 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 21 March 2014 - 19:53

Dx11 or Dx12?

one year early

#13 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,507 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 22:37

I just finished another round of AC4 and these Ubisoft guys are basically hinting at a number of AC games, heck Unity is hinted at in AC4.

Spoiler

#14 +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

• 4,770 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 22:42

I played about maybe 1/4 to half of the first Assassin's Creed. I mean to complete all of them, just never get around to it.

So I was like I don't care. Then was pushed into watching it, and holy crap. Does that look beautiful or what! Love it!

#15 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,785 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 13:03

BTW, there's a second AC game coming out for PS3/360.  Completely different title.

http://kotaku.com/le...sins-1547111652