OKCupid Website Blocks Firefox Because of Mozilla CEO's Anti-Gay Beliefs

What a world! Does anyone really want websites (OKCupid, Google, Microsoft, Apple etc.) to block or annoy users based on their political, moral or religious leanings. How about software creators, or ISPs. Maybe your local grocery store should be able to do this. Let's see . . . only lefties can shop at safeway, or use windows, or own an iphone, or only righties can shop at walmart, or use osx, or own an android device. I hope OKCupid and any other sites that try this kind of crap get slapped down hard by their users. There are no positives about this kind of behaviour. Those who support OKCupid in this, would you feel okay if suddenly google announced that they could be accessed only by their chrome browser?

Talk about a quick way to ruin the internet for everyone.

Exactly, these anti-company statements by those who are pro for gay marriage are ridiculous. I could care less about his stance on gay marriage, Firefox has nothing to do with it. But, just like with the chik-fila situation when "they" start boycotting them because they dont support "equality" is just as dumb as they are, because many of the companies they do support have the same agenda, being anti-gay. If OKCupid wants to boycot firefox over this, they have a few other companies to boycot, like you mentioned Javascript.

the issue with chik-fila isn't so much that they don't support gay marriage, more that they're cocky about it

mozilla's ceo hasn't been a cocky douche about it so I couldn't care less what he supports or doesn't support as long as it doesn't effect firefox as a product

People have forgotten the meaning of "opinion."

An established company and their website singling out and attacking an individual's opinion is just as bad, if not worse, than any individual's opinion, no matter how extreme.

Don't donate to hate groups, simple. Or do so privately without others knowing.

People don't like hateful people.

Don't donate to hate groups, simple. Or do so privately without others knowing.

People don't like hateful people. 

They don't see it as hate.

As much as I really don't agree with him, I do think that everyone is entitled to their views. If he wishes to donate to them, what business is that of theirs?

What OK cupid are doing really make them no better than him. Blocking people who have no affiliation with Mozilla, who have probably paid to use the service, because some exec made a (relatively) small donation to an organisation they don't support? That I don't agree with.

OK-cupid are stupid,

theres lots gays that use FireFox,

just theres lot gays do their marriage ceremonies in Church where every weeks the church goes read The Bible that contain Anti-Gay content.

dont have a problem with ok cupid doing this. Why support a company that pays someone that supports something you dont like. Just like he has the right to support what he wants, ok cupid have the right to support what they want.

So... anybody who campaigns for equality is in a "stupid group" and peddling "drama" and/or "crap" in your eyes? Who's pathetic here?

Being against equality for ALL humans no matter your skin colour, race, sexual preference, etc, isn't a valid opinion, it's bigotry and has no place in our society.

Sorry, I didn't mean to put it that way, perhaps it was not the best way to express what I meant. I am all for equality, I was just referring to the idea that if they are fighting for equality, they should also respect others' opinions. They're pretty much being hypocritical / have double standards, thus rendering whatever they stand for to be worth nothing, at least in my view.

Hypocrite OkCupid CEO Also Donated to Anti-Gay Campaign

Yagan gave $500 to Rep. Chris Cannon, a Utah representative who fought for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. Notably, while Proposition 8 affected only California, Yagan?s $500 went to a congressman who voted to proscribe equality under the law throughout the entire country.

Uncrunched, who broke the story, made an incisive point about Yagan?s actions. ?Is it absurd to judge Yagan as a person based on a single donation, years ago, to a politician well known for waging war on gays? Yup. But that is precisely what Yagan and OkCupid did to Eich.?

?In this new reality, supported by Yagan, it is both acceptable and a moral imperative to judge people based on their prior political donations, even those made years and years ago.?

It warrants mentioning that, at the time of Eich?s donation, opposition to equality under the law for same-sex and heterosexual couples was also the stated position of Barack Obama.

And this right here is exactly the state of politics and why this entire manufactured outrage should NOT have led to Eich leaving his role at Mozilla. It really had nothing to do with Eich and everything to do with a bunch of whiny self righteous morons who wanted to feel like they had some kind of victory because they live pathetic little lives. Simple as that. Bigotry (the intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself) abounds in all corners.

• Like 2