I need a streaming media player (I dont even know what name they give to these devices anymore) that is capable of the following:
- Comprehensive MKV playback (high profiles for h264, subtitle support, resume playback, the usual)
- Ethernet a must, WiFi a plus
- NTFS support for USB drives
- 1080p support for everything (netflix, mkvs, etc)
- network playback (something that will let me stream high bitrate video files regardless of format, network conditions permitting)
I have a 2013 Samsung SmartTV that plays everything I throw at it. The thing can handle 25GB MKV files like a champ. And you can also install netflix, youtube, etc.
Now I need something similar for a different TV that doesnt have samsung smart tv software, and I wonder what device will do the trick. ive been looking into:
- roku 3
- wdtv live
and some bluray players (apparently some samsung BD players DO have the smart tv software, but Im pretty sure they lack the network playback support unless it is DLNA).
Thanks in advance