4 replies to this topic

#1 Turk.

Turk.

Neowinian

• 581 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:17

By Alex Wilhelm
2ug2lvl.png

Technology never sleeps. You need to pivot, expand, re-pivot, focus, unfocus, refocus and unrefocuspivot. With that, we are proud to announce TechCrunch’s greatest endeavor since our CrunchPad. Yes. A digital currency that will change consumer lives more than Netscape and Windows 3.1.

Introducing CrunchCoin.

Every new currency needs some sort of “buy-in” to drive adoption. While we think that CrunchCoin will take off on its own, we’re proud to announce that for all upcoming TechCrunch meetups and events, we will only accept payment in CrunchCoin. So if you had an eye on a demo table, sponsorship or ticket, head here to get started with CrunchCoin.

To demonstrate how seriously we are taking our CrunchCoin efforts, TechCrunch employees have unanimously decided to accept their salary payments only in blocs of CrunchCoin.
Source

#2 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,102 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 15:45

To demonstrate how seriously we are taking our CrunchCoin efforts, TechCrunch employees have unanimously decided to accept their salary payments only in blocs of CrunchCoin.

So basically, their employee's are working for free? Riiiiiiiiiiight.  I bet that's either a lie, or they're technically volunteers anyway.

#3 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• 2,760 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 01 April 2014 - 15:57

CrunchCoin can be purchased with Litecoin. Litecoin can be purchased with bitcoin. Bitcoin can be purchased with dollars

That sounds safe

#4 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 6,228 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 16:03

Probably the best April Fools so far imo.

#5 Krome

Krome

Neowinian God!

• 4,547 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 16:16

This joke is real bad.  I am not laughing one bit.