Front page shenanigans

1. Enabling "Expanded width" creates a bunch of white space in the news tile mosaic as per screenshot below. Looks bad, but I don't want to waste screen width.

Do2EoUD.png

2. Cookie that keeps Desktop version choice persistent when viewing using Safari on iPad seems to expire after a while, reverting the site to mobile view. Why does this happen? It makes more sense, once a choice is made, to require a user to explicitly change it instead of reverting after an unknown period.

Pretty sure the notice "Enjoy it while it lasts" means that it won;t be an option for long any way. Could be wrong of course.

On a related note, i prefer the readability of the thinner option than the expanded one.

Pretty sure the notice "Enjoy it while it lasts" means that it won;t be an option for long any way. Could be wrong of course.

On a related note, i prefer the readability of the thinner option than the expanded one.

That notice has been there for a long while :shiftyninja:

Should be fixed now.

Close, but no cigar. Works fine on my desktop Chrome browser, but in Safari on iPad (iOS 6.1.3, Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25) does not show 5 tiles (shows 3) as it should per Neobond's post.

• 4 weeks later...

It works on my end. Really not sure why it wouldn't be on yours.

Also don't want to put too much time into debugging that specific issue, would rather put time and resources into the update.

Btw... "TIMan" not Tinman :P there is no OZ

• Like 1

It works on my end. Really not sure why it wouldn't be on yours.

Also don't want to put too much time into debugging that specific issue, would rather put time and resources into the update.

Btw... "TIMan" not Tinman :p there is no OZ

When you say that it works on your end, are you referring to the issue where expanded width is not really expanded on iPad's Safari or the cookie expiration that force a change of view from desktop to mobile?