• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 jamieakers

jamieakers

Neowinian

• 481 posts
  • Phone: Dell Venue Pro

Posted 14 April 2014 - 13:39

I store my photos on a mirrored RAID array in an HP ProLiant Microserver.  So if a drive fails I have them on the other.  I wouldn't consider this a "backup" but definitely worth mentioning as this can quickly get me back to my photos.

Also cloud backup at www.livedrive.com via the reseller "Fairly Marvellous", www.fmbackup.co.uk.

I looked at several online backup providers but chose this one because it backs up using Volume Shadow Copy so it's done in real-time.  They also do versioning so if I accidentally delete a photo or a folder of photos (or accidentally run a Photoshop batch job against the wrong folder) the original photos are retained.  The other killer feature was unlimited backup, I store a couple terabytes with them and never had any complaints from them.

#17 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• 5,341 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 13:39

Currently have a 2 TB NAS (synology) setup in RAID 1.  I've been considering an online option as well for an additional backup.  Since having my 2 kids 2.5 years ago the volume of pictures has dramatically increased. 

#18 +mrk

mrk

www.robbiekhan.co.uk

• 4,348 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:41

Backup the photo drives on to these:

flightcase_hdd.jpg

Now has 3 sata drives in there of course and a 240GB SSD and 32GB USB3 stick for convenience :p

Gotta love SATA docks built into cases for hotswap action.

I use FreeFileSync to synchronise internal with external backup disks. Windows system image for OS backup. Can browse the VHD it creates with VHDattach as a drive in Explorer if needed too.