Forum Post Layout Preferance

Which Forum User Info layout do you Prefer?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which Forum User Info layout do you Prefer?

Question

I am currently in the process of developing a website + forum. As assumed, I will be developing the forum from start to finish. Doing the design and layout isn't difficult for me, but this decision has left me dumbfounded, because I've never actually polled this before. So I am asking now, which do you prefer.

I have taken a screenshot of the basic layouts, please note that the colours associated with the pictures are NOT what I am talking about. They will be appropriate to match the rest of the developed website, I am more concerned about the layout. Basic post typography is included as well with 2 paragraphs of Lorem Ipsum.

The typography and font-sizes are also irrelevant, this is strictly to do with the location of information on the page.

STANDALONE USER INFO

YL82AZl.png

HORIZONTAL USER INFO

OJNC8aJ.png

VERTICAL USER INFO

XtEclS5.png

Thanks in Advance!

3 answers to this question

None of them, I like the idea neowin has, no unnecessary borders and still on the left but one single border separator might do when it's just 1px width and light colored (around #eee or #ddd on #fff bg) and it has proper margins on the sides(around 20px).

As example the first design has too small paddings at some places which make it look cramped on a big screen.

None of them, I like the idea neowin has, no unnecessary borders and still on the left but one single border separator might do when it's just 1px width and light colored (around #eee or #ddd on #fff bg) and it has proper margins on the sides(around 20px).

As example the first design has too small paddings at some places which make it look cramped on a big screen.

As aforementioned though:

This is strictly to do with the location of information on the page.

The padding, and actual design will not be as any of the images show, I am more concerned about the placement of the information (Avatar / Username / Title / Posts / Location) this is what I am more interested in for results.

Seeing the results are currently even, I will not vote. I don't prefer any.