radeon 14.4

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 AnotherITguy

AnotherITguy

Neowinian

• Phone: Iphone 5C 16GB

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:32

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that the 14.4 is finally out.

Link:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

#2 Dead'Soul

Dead'Soul

Think Simple!

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:48

http://support.amd.c...leaseNotes.aspx

#3 sinetheo

sinetheo

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 April 2014 - 15:20

I would skip this one.

... release candidate ..

ATI drivers can be truely aweful depending on release. THis and the beta has been problematic. Sticking with tried and trusted 13.10. If it aint broke do not fix it.

If games were all mantle compliant and this was WHQ certified then I would consider it.

#4 i_was_here

i_was_here

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 26 April 2014 - 15:39

I would skip this one.
... release candidate ..

ATI drivers can be truely aweful depending on release. THis and the beta has been problematic. Sticking with tried and trusted 13.10. If it aint broke do not fix it.

If games were all mantle compliant and this was WHQ certified then I would consider it.

You clicked on the wrong download. The page has both the 14-4 beta and the final release.

#5 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 26 April 2014 - 17:31

Anyone know if this one finally has the mantle optimizations for GCN 1.0 cards yet?

#6 bucko

bucko

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:32

I am still getting the "amd display driver stopped responding message" on my 8.1 install. I guess MS or ATI will never fix that? I used the AMD driver cleanup before I installed the driver as well. I'm now just waiting for my card to die so I can get a new one. I know if I get a new card now (I have a HD6950) I will still get the message.

#7 Mr Nom Nom's

Mr Nom Nom's

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 6 128GB

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:11

I am still getting the "amd display driver stopped responding message" on my 8.1 install. I guess MS or ATI will never fix that? I used the AMD driver cleanup before I installed the driver as well. I'm now just waiting for my card to die so I can get a new one. I know if I get a new card now (I have a HD6950) I will still get the message.

That is either going to be an AMD issue or a hardware related issue but with that being said I'm holding out hope that Direct X 12 will improve DXGI based on what I've seen on the build conference. End of the day you're probably better off maybe having a look at nVidia in the long term if AMD can't get their act together with their drivers.

#8 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:32

+1 it got to a point for me, that it would even corrupt during the login screen, all I had to do was press reset and boot up again...   I gave up on it, unistalled the amd driver and currently running machine as media box with windows driver only.

#9 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:46

+1 it got to a point for me, that it would even corrupt during the login screen, all I had to do was press reset and boot up again...   I gave up on it, unistalled the amd driver and currently running machine as media box with windows driver only.

Kind of sucks when you have to resort to using the windows drivers, but then again, that just depends on how you use your system.

I have 2 systems here that I'll have to look into this for, but I'm almost certain those have just the windows drivers also.

#10 Rigby

Rigby

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:56

Radeon 7xxx (Legacy)

My card is legacy now? I just bought it! :/

Nevermind, in AMD's world 7700 series isn't part of 7xxx somehow. Stupid naming schemes.

#11 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

Posted 27 April 2014 - 13:31

Kind of sucks when you have to resort to using the windows drivers, but then again, that just depends on how you use your system.

I have 2 systems here that I'll have to look into this for, but I'm almost certain those have just the windows drivers also.

Oh  this was just after I bought a laptop to replace that desktop, but before that it was a thousand and one boot up headaches to get that message to stop...

#12 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 April 2014 - 13:34

No problems installing the driver here on windows 8.1. I've had several AMD cards over the years, and have never run into driver install issues, nor have I ever run any driver cleaner utilities (always just install over the old driver, which is the proper way, in my experience those cleaning utilities often cause more issues than they resolve).

#13 bucko

bucko

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 April 2014 - 13:42

That is either going to be an AMD issue or a hardware related issue but with that being said I'm holding out hope that Direct X 12 will improve DXGI based on what I've seen on the build conference. End of the day you're probably better off maybe having a look at nVidia in the long term if AMD can't get their act together with their drivers.

Yes. It's just annoying when it flashes and the messages pops up repeatedly. It gives me a headache. But some days it will be absolutely fine and not show it. It never happens on the onboard CPU graphics. And the card is fine on a windows 7 box I have. Now I have started to ramp up the fan speed on the GPU. I can only think maybe that it is overheating when it is ticking over and the fans are low RPM. I have read that this error also appears on nVidia cards.

#14 Tony.

Tony.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 April 2014 - 13:50

Yes. It's just annoying when it flashes and the messages pops up repeatedly. It gives me a headache. But some days it will be absolutely fine and not show it. It never happens on the onboard CPU graphics. And the card is fine on a windows 7 box I have. Now I have started to ramp up the fan speed on the GPU. I can only think maybe that it is overheating when it is ticking over and the fans are low RPM. I have read that this error also appears on nVidia cards.

This definitely sounds like a hardware issue.

#15 bucko

bucko

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 April 2014 - 13:59

This definitely sounds like a hardware issue.

Yer I agree. But when I am playing games for example on Steam it is fine. Also playing videos is fine on Youtube. So I'm just holding out until it craps out on me then I will revert to the onboard graphics. It's out of warranty now so I might as well get every last drop out of it :shifty: