Lumia 920 Glass replacement

I am planning to replace the digitizer/glass on my wife's Lumia 920 (LCD has survived and is working fine). I was wondering if anybody here has replaced glass on their phones before.

I found two source for replacement and somewhat confused where I should get it from,

http://www.repairsuniverse.com/nokia-lumia-920-touch-screen-digitizer-replacement.html

http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-nokia-lumia-920-digitizer-touch-screen-with-adhesive-and-light-guide.html

This youtube video author mentions repairuniverse.com

It's quite difficult to replace just the glass on devices were the LCD and glass are adhered. Nearly all devices in the past couple years are.

It'll be a lot easier and less risky to replace the whole display assembly. Personally I'd cut my losses and sell the phone as-is and buy a different phone. Either a used Lumia 920 for cheap or a different model altogether. 

Just replace the phone... Cheaper just to find one online somewhere, than to go through that hassle.

I did the whole LCD/Digitizer/Front glass on my SIII, it wasn't bad. But trying to get the digitizer off of the LCD is tricky if its glued, as in, good luck.

I wouldn't say its impossible, but you can severely damage the LCD, as pointed out earlier.

My suggestion if you go forward with it, is have a second person holding the heat gun or a really sturdy stand, it makes things a lot easier. And an instant read thermometer. Both are a must.

• Like 2

To bring a closure to this thread,

I walked into the Microsoft Store in Natick, MA - paid $150 and walked out with a brand new Lumia 925. :)

Now I just have to figure out how to unlock the damn thing so that I can use it with T-Mobile. :)