• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 xrobwx

xrobwx

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

• 1,159 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted 13 May 2014 - 15:31

In case you haven't noticed, schools don't really seem to actually be about education anymore in the US  :(  Universities have been more about money than investing in the future for years, and now that attitude is trickling down to lower and lower ages. It's sad. I really hope there's a swing back to a more reasonable direction soon.

In the US you can really tell by the caliber of the leaders we have. And I am talking on both sides of the fence. 

#32 xrobwx

xrobwx

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

• 1,159 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note II

Posted 13 May 2014 - 15:36

And yet taxpayers paid for this piece of ###### meals, healthcare, etc for 4 years until a fellow inmate clipped him.

http://en.wikipedia..../Jeffrey_Dahmer

#33 _dandy_

_dandy_

Neowinian Senior

• 2,867 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 19:51

There are actually some schools banning you from bringing in your own lunch because they think they have to make sure everyone meets this new school lunch standard they bar you from doing it

I forgot about that.  It's just as well that I'm not a parent.  What you've described (the long part I didn't quote) is nothing short of a bunch of pathetic losers on a power trip, who really shouldn't be in charge of jack ####.  It's no wonder kids nowadays are downright hopeless the instant you put them in a situation where they have to think for themselves.

It truly scares me that one day, *they* are going to be the ones in charge.  But then again, I won't be around to witness the disaster that is clearly already underway.

#34 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,212 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 20:03

I think they should setup a text message system that if a child's balance goes to $5 they should send a Text to the parent. Then if the parent doesn't add to the balance, then let the kid go hungry and put it on the parent.

#35 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 17,246 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 20:45

I think they should setup a text message system that if a child's balance goes to $5 they should send a Text to the parent. Then if the parent doesn't add to the balance, then let the kid go hungry and put it on the parent.

it's funny this school wont let a kid have a lunch when their account is under by $5, but the district I live in my cousins daughter will buy all these extra's (they let you buy up your lunch for stuff like cookies, ice cream, etc) and her mom gets monthly calls saying her daughter's account is in debt by $100 or more. Our district lets you go majorly in debt, yet this other district throws a hissy fit when they are close to zero?! I think the base lunch should have to be provided money or not, but extras that let you go way over should be barred.

I forgot about that.  It's just as well that I'm not a parent.  What you've described (the long part I didn't quote) is nothing short of a bunch of pathetic losers on a power trip, who really shouldn't be in charge of jack ####.  It's no wonder kids nowadays are downright hopeless the instant you put them in a situation where they have to think for themselves.

It truly scares me that one day, *they* are going to be the ones in charge.  But then again, I won't be around to witness the disaster that is clearly already underway.

Heck if a school told my kids they couldn't bring their lunch, you know what I'd do? I'd show up to school with the worst fast food lunch possible give it to the kids and tell the school to deal with it or I'm pulling my kid to a private school and you lose your state funding for that one extra student... around here, losing a kids enrollment makes districts jump anymore... they keep losing money, and every kid lost is a major pain for the, the district I'm in spends about $12k a year per kid... the state average per year is $7k, all of that $12k plus more is made up by state enrollment funding and local property taxes... all of which gets pulled when you take your kid private or cyber schooled...