Never wash your jeans ?

the problem with washing jeans is that it spoils them, leaving a new pair like it's worn out (some like this look and wash new pairs alot until they get this look; others like the colors and washing them spoils those vivid colors). Also i dunno how freezing clothes removes stains from them and smell, but hey he's the CEO, so he must know something right? right? :laugh:

Tell me about it. I only use black jeans. They look grey after a few months. If I'm going to spend a relatively high price for a pair, I want them to last and to look black!

• Like 2

I have only ever owned one pair of jeans, and that was decades ago - can't stand them.

Since when are we allowed to use double-byte characters in our usernames?

No idea, registered with this name and it worked.

edit: It works on Every IPB forums

Tell me about it. I only use black jeans. They look grey after a few months. If I'm going to spend a relatively high price for a pair, I want them to last and to look black!

Proper washing goes a long way to keep clothes clean while protecting the color. If you just throw them in with the rest of your clothes and hit "normal" wash, you're going to wear them out.

Washers and dryers have a variety of cycles for a reason. Some clothes need pampering.

Proper washing goes a long way to keep clothes clean while protecting the color. If you just throw them in with the rest of your clothes and hit "normal" wash, you're going to wear them out.

Washers and dryers have a variety of cycles for a reason. Some clothes need pampering.

I always wash with the 'delicates' setting and only wash them with black clothes and special detergent for black clothes (I only wear black) So... nope!

• Like 3

I can't imagine never washing the clothing that you wear . . .

I own a very nice pair of navy blue carpenter jeans that I wash after wearing for prolonged periods. However, I am very careful about how they are washed in order to preserve their color and ensure longetivity. I turn them inside out before placing them in the washer with cold water, and use the "gentle" cycle. Then I let them air dry . . .

May be one can go on without washing them jeans for a month in cold countries. But here in the tropics, we sweat heavily. I can't imagine going on same jeans beyond 3 days. That's max after which they go in the washer. 

Secondly, the Levis advert where they show how jeans are made from recycled plastic. It made me go wtf?. Feels like wearing plastic pants. Hence I always opt for cotton jeans.

No idea, registered with this name and it worked.

edit: It works on Every IPB forums

How do you pronounce that ? :s

Any trousers I wear get washed after 3 days of use, unless they become soiled with food stuffs or small-child substances.

I wash them only once every few months or so, but then I have 25 pairs, so I keep rotating them. :)

I typically wash my jeans after 18 months unless something actually gets them really dirty. Even washing them is a ritual (the sea is apparently the best way to wash them).

It's the only way to keep them looking the way they are meant to look. Most of my jeans are heavy Japanese denim and explicitly come with this instruction on their care label.

I wash most other things after the equivalent of a day's wear.

Kill them with fire, the only way to be sure they're clean. 

I typically wash my jeans after 18 months unless something actually gets them really dirty. Even washing them is a ritual (the sea is apparently the best way to wash them).

It's the only way to keep them looking the way they are meant to look. Most of my jeans are heavy Japanese denim and explicitly come with this instruction on their care label.

Wait, what? :laugh:

That just sounds gross to me.

All my dress pants, shirts, golf shirts, &  most shorts go to the cleaners.

t-shirts, etc, boxers and socks I clean myself - after they are worn 1 day...

Gonna hop in the shower and do some laundry now.

• Like 1

I hope you go wayyyyyy off shore to do it - pretty filthy water

You go hand wash your jeans in the sea? You can't be serious...

If those jeans were so expensive that I couldn't afford to throw them in the wash and use them like I do the rest of my clothing then I wouldn't buy them... As obviously, I can't afford them.

I don't wash them often, but after a while they are kind of stretched out and don't fit as well, plus smelly. Not really body odour, but it will smell like the place I have been (so like food or cigarettes or whatever, depending). Just going round to shops and such--no problem--but after a big night out a wash makes them smell nice and shrink back up so they fit me properly again. I would think using a dryer would do more damage to them (I hang mine outside on the line).

• Like 1

I do not own anything that is made of Denim (jean) Material.

I don't wash them often, but after a while they are kind of stretched out and don't fit as well, plus smelly. Not really body odour, but it will smell like the place I have been (so like food or cigarettes or whatever, depending).

I absolutely hate having a cigarette smell on my clothes, from others puffing away. :ermm:

You go hand wash your jeans in the sea? You can't be serious...

If those jeans were so expensive that I couldn't afford to throw them in the wash and use them like I do the rest of my clothing then I wouldn't buy them... As obviously, I can't afford them.

No, my jeans are washed (actually soaked) at home, in the bath without detergent and something to stop too much colour from being lost.

As is broadly described here:

http://www.sooziq.com/4465/18-important-things-you-should-know-about-your-raw-denim/

Never washing your jeans is a bad idea, and not because of the grime or dirtiness issue, but because it will damage the denim as it stiffens, causing crotch blowout and such things.