You grow tired of any game, but at least this one has ife beyond any story I may or may not bother with. by the time I grow tired of it I'll definitely have my moneys worth. of course right now I'm playing for free anyway :p

I had EA access anyway. so. it's a free bonus on top of what I already get.  heck 10 hours of gameplay for one month of EA access is still pretty good if you got it just for this :p

bah. so apparently whatever article said the counter on the preview trial only counted while you where actually in a match in very wrong. went to the start page of the game last night after playing a while, then I hit the guide and forgot to start something else to fully quit it, and ended up leaving it there untill the xbox timed out. and now my time is out :/ so long til the 19th. 

The counter runs once the game is launched - thought that was pretty obvious, no?

It's actually a real nice way of doing it - other services do it from the moment you first launch the title, which is shite

well the xbox is a bit weird about how it doesn't stop the game when you leave it. and the article that first told me about the trial said that it likely only counted actual game time now menu time for the counter, like they did in their last preview (hardline I believe) 

most of those are troll reviews because it's not BF2 but different. 

I don't see how they can call it another bland COD though. it's anything but bland and anything but COD. bu then I stopped listening to reviews for media decades ago

Any xbox gamers playing the EA early access ?

having a lot of fun, and in the end, that's all that counts 

I claimed in another thread that i would be a day one buyer, but completely missed the launch!

Any way, i plan to pick it up this weekend so add me on MikeHellstone and we'll have a game or ten!

The game is very good, just not fricking awesome (im a loyal DICE fan and Star Wars fan) so it should make me moist, it gets me merely damp :p ,

I think most reviews are right, once the 70s kid in me gets past the ooh ooh oooh look its a x wing/AT AT/ AT ST i suspect i will tire of it fairly quickly. Hero mode is fun, something cool about shooting luke, han or the other heros, quote of the week had to be myself playing with clanmates and exclaiming on Teamspeak, woohoo I just nailed Princess Liea!! then I realised what i said heheh

It is very COD like deffo more COD online that any Battlefield title. Plenty of game modes, but not really that many maps, and for that yes it will get tired quickly. MP feels very similar to the MP aspect of MOH warfighter they did couple years back. I think they would have been better to reskin BF4 style of game as star wars IMO.

I give it 8/10. worth £49.99 for standard.....hmmm nope, not really.

Put it this way, i don't see myself clocking up 500+ hours play like i do with every other DICE release. If I get 50-100 hour splay ill have had my moneys worth.

Im playing it on PC btw.

Edited by Mando

The worst thing about this game: Seeing Imperial Stormtroopers without helmets and worse yet the ugly variety of heads and faces available for them. It is borderline blasphemy.

I have few other complaints, respawns can be crap at times, but most of the other stuff is minor.

It is a 8.5+/10 if you are a Star Wars and FPS fan. 7.5+ if you are not a Star Wars fan.

The sound and visual presentation is arguably the best ever, for any game, anytime, any platform.

• 4 months later...

Coming Soon to Star Wars™ Battlefront™ this Holiday

TLDR:

EA has now officially announced the Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition. As rumored, it comes with the base game and all four expansion packs, Outer Rim, Bespin, Death Star, and Rogue One: Scarif.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-ultimate-edition-contains-ga/1100-6444590/

19 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

what a load of crap, only 40 bucks yet the season pass on PC is still $49.99, hopefully they drop the price on it when ultimate launches in november.

I refuse to give dice any more money on battlefront....check cdkeys they have dlc pack and itll be cheaper than origin. 

On 20/11/2015 at 11:07 PM, Mando said:

The game is very good, just not fricking awesome (im a loyal DICE fan and Star Wars fan) so it should make me moist, it gets me merely damp :p ,

I think most reviews are right, once the 70s kid in me gets past the ooh ooh oooh look its a x wing/AT AT/ AT ST i suspect i will tire of it fairly quickly. Hero mode is fun, something cool about shooting luke, han or the other heros, quote of the week had to be myself playing with clanmates and exclaiming on Teamspeak, woohoo I just nailed Princess Liea!! then I realised what i said heheh

It is very COD like deffo more COD online that any Battlefield title. Plenty of game modes, but not really that many maps, and for that yes it will get tired quickly. MP feels very similar to the MP aspect of MOH warfighter they did couple years back. I think they would have been better to reskin BF4 style of game as star wars IMO.

I give it 8/10. worth £49.99 for standard.....hmmm nope, not really.

Put it this way, i don't see myself clocking up 500+ hours play like i do with every other DICE release. If I get 50-100 hour splay ill have had my moneys worth.

Im playing it on PC btw.

Heh how true that panned out got bored of it by lvl 30 and its not even installed now.