Waitresses Carry Guns At Shooter's Grill

lol. the people in europe are probably having their heads explode. I was born and raised in the US and never seen an open carry out side of law enforcement. It's not really the people who open-carry that you have to worry about it. You're all just upset that the site of a gun makes you feel nervous.

Americans just amaze me, it's quite obvious, you're getting ready for an evening out at a restaurant with your lovely lady wife;

The preparations begin:

He: Shower, shave, put on some cologne.

She: Shower, preening, 2 hours faffing about deciding what to wear.

Car keys, Wallet.

Everything is ready, we're good to go.

Oh no, wait....we've just forgotten one thing. The firearm used to let everyone know we're anal about retaining our right to bear arms which was relevant over a hundred years ago but is completely irrelevant now because we have a police force and it's not the time of the cowboys.

A-maz-ing.

Tell me then, when you go on holiday to any other country which doesn't think they're permanently on the set of a western movie, are you permanently terrified?

• Like 2

Tell me then, when you go on holiday to any other country which doesn't think they're permanently on the set of a western movie, are you permanently terrified?

American Becomes Laughingstock of Canada After Letter to Editor Lamenting Lack of Handgun During Mild Confrontation

• Like 2

the biggest question to me is a very simple.... "why?"

(and try not to say "because we can")

Ok,

Simplest answer is, because it is legal.  That is why.

Ok,

Simplest answer is, because it is legal.  That is why.

Using another phrase to say "because we can" doesn't make it a different answer.

Using another phrase to say "because we can" doesn't make it a different answer.

I would have used that but the other person did not want to hear that answer, so I provided the only other simple answer there is.

If anyone wants a different answer there is not one that non gun people will accept or want to hear that does not get detailed and in peoples eyes complicated.

Neither question is an answer to why.

Lots of things are legal to do, but you don't do them anyway. Because you can and because its legal are not reasons to do something. Its an excuse for actual reasons like "because it makes me feel powerful"

Interesting that some are ignoring this.

My comment in the other thread was deleted, surely reported, but I stand for what I said: try living in a true violent enviroment, like some of us. If we were carrying that would not help us, at all, against the cartels. By your logic open carrying a gun and using it will never come bite you in the ass by bigger and more violent forces.

I agree that we need a means to defend ourselves. What I find curious is how proud and in your face some of you become with a gun in your hand.

Neither question is an answer to why.

Lots of things are legal to do, but you don't do them anyway. Because you can and because its legal are not reasons to do something. Its an excuse for actual reasons like "because it makes me feel powerful"

See you just answered the question yourself, whether it is the correct or "actual reasons" is difficult to know, but if it's the answer you want to hear go for it.  You would have to ask the people involved at Shooter's Grill in Rifle, CO., though I very much doubt any answer they give would please you.

When I turned 18 it was legal to drink*, so because it was legal and I was able to, I chose to celebrate my birthday by having a few drinks.  Doing something because it is legal and you can are perfectly acceptable reasons for doing something.  The people at the Shooter's Grill chose to allow open carry in their place of business, as to their reasons why, well as I said, you would have to ask them.

*the age was later raised, this was many years ago.

Interesting that some are ignoring this.

My comment in the other thread was deleted, surely reported, but I stand for what I said: try living in a true violent enviroment, like some of us. If we were carrying that would not help us, at all, against the cartels. By your logic open carrying a gun and using it will never come bite you in the ass by bigger and more violent forces.

I agree that we need a means to defend ourselves. What I find curious is how proud and in your face some of you become with a gun in your hand.

Maybe the reason it is being ignored as it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and is one incident and hardly represents the majority of gun owners in the US.

If people want to talk about the gun issues in the US, good, I'm all for it, but at least try to be sensible, rational and civil.   Making outrageous claims and injecting hyperbole into the discussion is meaningless and a waste of time.

If people want to talk about the gun issues in the US, good, I'm all for it, but at least try to be sensible, rational and civil. Making outrageous claims and injecting hyperbole into the discussion is meaningless and a waste of time.

Great, then there's a pragraph below the line you decided to single out.

Make your mind, if you want to strictly stick to the OPs then do it: this article is about the social reactions of such open display.

Great, then there's a pragraph below the line you decided to single out.

Make your mind, if you want to strictly stick to the OPs then do it: this article is about the social reactions of such open display.

What?  I guess you missed my meaning, you often use that tactic to throw off a point being made by someone.

The article had nothing to do with the discussion and was used to to in response to another post.

What? I guess you missed my meaning, you often use that tactic to throw off a point being made by someone.

The article had nothing to do with the discussion and was used to to in response to another post.

So the original post that unravels the discussion is irrelevant and we should adhere to invisible yet arbitrary set of systems that are supposedly inherent to a topic?

Got it!

So the original post that unravels the discussion is irrelevant and we should adhere to invisible yet arbitrary set of systems that are supposedly inherent to a topic?

Got it!

Finally.   I'm very proud of you.

Finally. I'm very proud of you.

What's funny is that my initial response whas also for another post, yet you take issue with it and YET your only reply is an attempt of sarcasm and a quite shallow observation of my replies.

Of course I ignore some replies! In that you're correct. The fault in your applied logic is to assume all those points make sense.

What's funny is that my initial response whas also for another post, yet you take issue with it and YET your only reply is an attempt of sarcasm and a quite shallow observation of my replies.

Of course I ignore some replies! In that you're correct. The fault in your applied logic is to assume all those points make sense.

Okay.  You are being incredibly obstinate and misinterpreting my remarks.  Suit yourself, having a discussion with your ego is not my idea of being productive.  Ciao.

See you just answered the question yourself, whether it is the correct or "actual reasons" is difficult to know, but if it's the answer you want to hear go for it.  You would have to ask the people involved at Shooter's Grill in Rifle, CO., though I very much doubt any answer they give would please you.

When I turned 18 it was legal to drink*, so because it was legal and I was able to, I chose to celebrate my birthday by having a few drinks.  Doing something because it is legal and you can are perfectly acceptable reasons for doing something.  The people at the Shooter's Grill chose to allow open carry in their place of business, as to their reasons why, well as I said, you would have to ask them.

*the age was later raised, this was many years ago.

Maybe the reason it is being ignored as it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and is one incident and hardly represents the majority of gun owners in the US.

If people want to talk about the gun issues in the US, good, I'm all for it, but at least try to be sensible, rational and civil.   Making outrageous claims and injecting hyperbole into the discussion is meaningless and a waste of time.

No, you didn't celebrate your birthday by drinking because it was legal, that was the reason why, you could drink, but not the reason for drinking.

Okay. You are being incredibly obstinate and misinterpreting my remarks. Suit yourself, having a discussion with your ego is not my idea of being productive. Ciao.

Oh man. Your original just 'okay' reply was well played. Why did you have to ruin it by editing it and getting all moral and offended? ;)

I cant decypher your idea of productivity either. After all I wasnt the one that went off topic and personal :)

Tee-hee!

No, you didn't celebrate your birthday by drinking because it was legal, that was the reason why, you could drink, but not the reason for drinking.

Hush. He doesnt like rationality.

All I can say is I see that place as the last place on earth getting robbed.

No, but it's the place the robbers start by killing everyone.

No, but it's the place the robbers start by killing everyone.

a.k.a suicide mission'

Or how about this, they skip the place that LOVES guns and go rob somewhere that doesn't .. like target.

a.k.a suicide mission'

Or how about this, they skip the place that LOVES guns and go rob somewhere that doesn't .. like target.

No, robbers come in prepared guns ready and they are mentally prepared to shoot people.

These waitresses have revolvers in awkward but cool looking hip holsters. This isn't a wild west movie, it takes a while to draw them, they probably have a safety flap they have to loosen first as well. At this point we haven't even come to a point where the psychology becomes an issue and the waitresses would by now be dead or surrendered.

No, robbers come in prepared guns ready and they are mentally prepared to shoot people.

These waitresses have revolvers in awkward but cool looking hip holsters. This isn't a wild west movie, it takes a while to draw them, they probably have a safety flap they have to loosen first as well. At this point we haven't even come to a point where the psychology becomes an issue and the waitresses would by now be dead or surrendered.

Ah, but see most criminals are cowards and will target the easy mark, or go on shooting sprees in "gun free" zones where they know they can create the most devastation

Ah, but see most criminals are cowards and will target the easy mark, or go on shooting sprees in "gun free" zones where they know they can create the most devastation

Mixing thin up again yes, most criminals are cowards, that's until they're put through the US criminal hardening system though, or jail as you call it. Then they're hardened criminals who don't care, especially if they're also on that stupidly ill thought out three strikes law.

Of course I don't see why you bring in mass shootings here, its a different issue. Also they don't happen on gun free zones because they're gun free zones, another fallacy. They happen there because these people attack their schools or work places, and they usually tend to be. But not always.

Incredible, I clearly said why I could and why I did.  I could because I was of age and it was legal and the reason was to celebrate my birthday.

Oh man. Your original just 'okay' reply was well played. Why did you have to ruin it by editing it and getting all moral and offended? ;)

I cant decypher your idea of productivity either. After all I wasnt the one that went off topic and personal :)

Tee-hee!

Hush. He doesnt like rationality.

And you don't like admitting when your may be wrong, as you have proven before. ;)

And the hypocrital remark about being personal.  Pot kettle..etc.  ;)