15 posts in this topic

Posted

Six people were shot to death, including four children, and a seventh person was injured after being shot in the head at a home in Spring, Texas, late Wednesday, according to the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

An hours-long standoff between police and a suspect in the shootings ensued after a brief car chase. Police brought in two trucks and wedged the suspect's vehicle between them on a cul-de-sac near the site of the shooting. The suspect surrendered at about 10 p.m. CT.

Harris County Precinct 4 Assistant Chief Deputy Mark Herman told ABC station KTRK this was a

Posted

Tragic. The gun element is not really significant in this case.
Should have shot himself first.

Posted

Ugh. That's just a few miles from my place. The stand off itself occurred in the same neighborhood as some good friends of mine. Such a waste.

Posted

Well, at least he didn't, or didn't get the chance to take the coward's way out.

Posted

Add it to the list aye?

Posted

Looks like the authorities did everything right here, but rarely ever get praise for it. I'm glad he'll answer for his crimes.

Posted

More sad news from the world of sad, this time involving children.

In happier news, I just ate a muffin and it was delicious.

1 person likes this

Posted

Family annihilators are a class of woo-woo killers. 4 types,

Anomic: family is a status symbol. If there's a familial economic collapse they take out the family to reduce their financial needs.

Self-righteous: exacts revenge on the mother by killing her and their kids.

Paranoid: kills the family to "protect" them from an imagined external threat.

Disappointed: family doesn't live up to their expectations.

Some spree killers started their massacre with a family annihilation.

Posted

More sad news from the world of sad, this time involving children.

In happier news, I just ate a muffin and it was delicious.

Not from the "world" but from the United States of America..... Those licensed gun holders and supporters.... one day, it might happen with their families.. :D

Posted

I would point out that family annihilation is not just a US phenenon, and it isn't universally done with firearms. There have been a great many in Europe, China Russia, Australia and elsewhere, just by other means. Knives, machetes, clubs, axe - they've all been used.

There was one a few years ago where a gas line was cut to blow up the house. Others drive their loaded car into a tree at 100 mph.

Here in the Detroit area an Indian man was just sentenced to life for a family annihilation, he killed his wife and 2 daughters with a knife. He fled back to India and was extradited.

It's not the weapon, it's the psycho behind it.

Posted

Am I the only one who thought of the massacre in "Kill Bill"?

Posted

The guy who killed 6 suffers from mental illness, according to his lawyer. But the district attorney will not play that game and they will seek the death penalty.

Posted

Of course they will. It's Texas.

And there's also the difference between a medical diagnosis of mental illness and legal "insanity." They aren't the same thing.

Most mentally ill people know the difference between right and wrong. To be legally insane in most states (murder is usually a state offence) you can't know the difference at the time of the crime. A high standard.

Posted

Not from the "world" but from the United States of America..... Those licensed gun holders and supporters.... one day, it might happen with their families.. :D

Seriously ?  Or is this some kind of sick sarcasm ?