Apple and IBM partner to make iOS king of the office

apple ibm

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 5,157 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (Work) Lumia 1020 (Home)

Posted 21 July 2014 - 14:46

I don't think you know how business work.  Generallly business are very cautious.  Switching to IOS / OSX world would take years.

Never mind actually getting people to switch to some other Office suite when what the majority of people use is already available.  Hasn't exactly panned out well in the past for the competition, never mind a lot of people familar with what IBM's offered in the past isn't exactly excited with their offerings.  Lotus Notes alone gives me a nosebleed just thinking about it.

#32 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 17,224 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 20:05

I don't think you know how business work.  Generallly business are very cautious.  Switching to IOS / OSX world would take years to decades if ever.  

yeah, and even in the Education sector, we saw that push for everyone with an iPad and all that stuff, now a few years later I am noticing a lot of those pro iPad school districts and colleges moving away from that model... after they learned the hard way, the enterprise class services and control isn't there... Microsoft has that pretty much nailed down, Apple, not so much

#33 +-T-

-T-

Trapmaster

• 2,645 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:15

This will amount to a whole load of people buying iPads, them being used for a couple of weeks, then being a toy thats abandoned before switching back to a computer. The Telco I work for tried to integrate iPads for some reason and it was a flat out disaster