Apple and IBM partner to make iOS king of the office

I know there are a bunch of people out there on Notes still, but to this day I can't figure out why...

I'm not sure it's a bunch any more...  A HUGE company nearby where I work was on Notes and is in the process of migrating to Microsoft products.  I wish they would publish stats on how much notes gets used yet...

The presentation by Tony Prophet during the MWPC has far more significance to the enterprise world as they more or less announced that Windows Phone will be no different then a PC or any other Windows product as far as integrating into the enterprise environment and administering it. the moment where he pulled out the coming 7" Toshiba tablet and explained this $200 tablet will integrate into the enterprise network EXACTLY like your PC will was golden. 

Apple is desperate to get a foothold in enterprise as that is where the big money will be in the coming decade. With Microsoft the dominant force there AND MSFT just bought themselves the ability to develop, design and produce mobile devices quickly and effectively by acquiring Nokia D&S this is a big threat to Apple. MSFT has the time and resources to keep chipping at the Apple strongholds as they have many more eggs in several baskets bringing in the money. Apple really only has one egg called iOS and once that breaks it's all over for them.

They've got absolutely zero chance of shifting Microsoft from their top spot in the corporate world.

I think BYOD is changing that attitude. Also the big wigs in charge love Apple devices. I see a move like this as game changing. I think it's good for the enterprise because it means competition. The days of Windows monopolies are over.

I think BYOD is changing that attitude. Also the big wigs in charge love Apple devices. I see a move like this as game changing. I think it's good for the enterprise because it means competition. The days of Windows monopolies are over.

I don't think you know how business work.  Generallly business are very cautious.  Switching to IOS / OSX world would take years to decades if ever.  

I don't think you know how business work.  Generallly business are very cautious.  Switching to IOS / OSX world would take years.

Never mind actually getting people to switch to some other Office suite when what the majority of people use is already available.  Hasn't exactly panned out well in the past for the competition, never mind a lot of people familar with what IBM's offered in the past isn't exactly excited with their offerings.  Lotus Notes alone gives me a nosebleed just thinking about it.

I don't think you know how business work.  Generallly business are very cautious.  Switching to IOS / OSX world would take years to decades if ever.  

yeah, and even in the Education sector, we saw that push for everyone with an iPad and all that stuff, now a few years later I am noticing a lot of those pro iPad school districts and colleges moving away from that model... after they learned the hard way, the enterprise class services and control isn't there... Microsoft has that pretty much nailed down, Apple, not so much

This will amount to a whole load of people buying iPads, them being used for a couple of weeks, then being a toy thats abandoned before switching back to a computer. The Telco I work for tried to integrate iPads for some reason and it was a flat out disaster