ea access sony ea ps4 playstation plus

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#121 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 03 August 2014 - 21:29

Having too many subscription options does seem like a bit of a risk. PS+, then the Now thing, then a special one for EA, it might seem like you're trying to bleed consumers from all different angles.

If you have a Plus sub, but not an EA sub, would you not get access to EA titles in your Plus sub? EA wouldn't want Sony to "give away" EA titles in PS Plus.

#122 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 04 August 2014 - 16:11

Its good to see Sony adjusting pricing down, but regardless of how much it costs Sony to implement, the reality is that consumers may still demand a cheaper option more like Netflix, etc when talking about older games.

Sometimes consumers will not listen to the argument that something costs more because it costs a lot to produce, even if that is true.

I very much want to see services like PS Now or EA Access succeed, but at the right price points. I'm ready to embrace that part of the future. I don't really care who runs the service as long as its reasonably priced.

#123 DeltaXray

DeltaXray

Neowinian

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:59

Its good to see Sony adjusting pricing down, but regardless of how much it costs Sony to implement, the reality is that consumers may still demand a cheaper option more like Netflix, etc when talking about older games.

Sometimes consumers will not listen to the argument that something costs more because it costs a lot to produce, even if that is true.

I very much want to see services like PS Now or EA Access succeed, but at the right price points. I'm ready to embrace that part of the future. I don't really care who runs the service as long as its reasonably priced.

Agreed. Gaming is just another entertainment medium to a lot of consumers.  Granted, a new game costs more than a new Blu Ray or music album, but we are talking about old games here. For old games the market will only go for either a low priced subscription model similar to netflix/spotify, or *very* low priced single game rental.  They seem to forget that the whole used game sector exists or even the bargain bin for new copies of older games. We have already seen that premium pricing does not work for this exact same product.  Hopefully Sony do not just see dollar signs and actually think carefully about their pricing.