H440 Led's Broken

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SpartanZX7

SpartanZX7

Gamer

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 12 August 2014 - 00:28

So I've had this case for a while now but the Led's on the psu shroud and I/O stopped within the first week of finishing the build. I checked all the wiring and only once after playing the I/O came on but went again, never got the psu shroud back working. I could of got a replacement but because I had all my gear in there and what have you I really couldn't be bothered. I emailed NZXT like last month and I finally got a reply, this is what they said. 

Aug 11 02:10 PM

Hello Michael,

I apologize to you for this inconvenience, currently our replacement led logo's is on backorder. Lead time will be from 1 - 2 months from now. But what I can do for you Michael is to put your shipping information on our waiting list. Can you reply back with your shipping address according to this order?

Street:
City:
ZipCode:

Best Regards,
NZXT Support.

Ryan Cuasim -
NZXT.  

I don't understand how this will work. I emailed back with my details and ask how this would work but I have no idea when I'll get a reply. I'm wondering if anyone can explain how this will work or share they're experiences with this. I've had a look around but found nothing like this. 

#2 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 12 August 2014 - 00:36

It sounds like they're just out of them and they will replace them when they get them back in stock. Maybe there was a defect and they had to place a new manufacturing order. If that's the case hopefully they'll just send you a new one instead of billing you for it. :)

EDIT: It looks like there's a switch for the shroud lights near the I/O panel. Did you try wiggling it and see if maybe it's just a bad connection?

#3 OP SpartanZX7

SpartanZX7

Gamer

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 12 August 2014 - 00:43

It sounds like they're just out of them and they will replace them when they get them back in stock. Maybe there was a defect and they had to place a new manufacturing order. If that's the case hopefully they'll just send you a new one instead of billing you for it. :)

EDIT: It looks like there's a switch for the shroud lights near the I/O panel. Did you try wiggling it and see if maybe it's just a bad connection?

Sorry my post must of come across wrong. I mean, how will i install it and has anyone had experience with doing this aha.

#4 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 12 August 2014 - 00:56

Sorry my post must of come across wrong. I mean, how will i install it and has anyone had experience with doing this aha.

Ah... That I do not know. :) Hopefully someone else can chime in or they will send replacement instructions.