Ergonomic Computer Chair

I am looking for an ergonomiccomputer desk chair under $200. My current chair isn't cutting it and is causing back problems.
If anyone can give some recommendations that would be nice. I am based in Toronto Canada.

I found Pro-Line? II Deluxe Air Grid Back Ergonomic Office Chair
on Costco. 

But I'm not 100% sure that is indeed an ergonomic chair despite it being described as one. I would still like alternatives and recommendations.

Dang, Hum... I was going to recommend that one as well.

I have a chair like that. Different model, but looks similar. I've been happy. :)

Hum,

that is the chair I have, and I do not recommend it. about 3 months in it broke down and is very flat all around, almost as if most of the "fluff" was just trapped air in it. I have had it for 3 years now and its just falling apart. not worth the money.

• Like 1

I managed to pick up a Herman Miller Aeron on eBay super cheap (?200, ex office) but that's obviously above your budget. If you can even try to increase the budget a little bit, it's absolutely amazing.

• Like 1

I managed to pick up a Herman Miller Aeron on eBay super cheap (?200, ex office) but that's obviously above your budget. If you can even try to increase the budget a little bit, it's absolutely amazing.

That is what I have (my brother gave it to me, and he had it for almost 10 years!) it still is in the same condition that it was on day 1 !!! (just dustier)

Hum,

that is the chair I have, and I do not recommend it. about 3 months in it broke down and is very flat all around, almost as if most of the "fluff" was just trapped air in it. I have had it for 3 years now and its just falling apart. not worth the money.

before that I went through 2 cheaper costco chairs (each around $200-250) in 3 years

they just become FLAT.  like you are sitting on wood!    they really really do SUCK!

i advice not going with cheap "ergonomic"  costco crap

• Like 1

Alright guys I guess I won't be buying the costco one.

I found these:

http://www.staples.ca/en/Tempur-Pedic-TP8000-Ergonomic-Mesh-Mid-Back-Task-Chair-Grey/product_783237_2-CA_1_20001

http://www.staples.ca/en/Tempur-Pedic-TP9000-Ergonomic-Mesh-High-Back-Task-Chair-Navy/product_783301_2-CA_1_20001

I know I definitely cannot afford a Herman Miller Aeron so that is out of the question. Need something cheaper. I can go up to $500

I find all computer chairs to be extremely rubbish and cause a lot of back pain. I use a normal kitchen chair at home and that is probably best decision ever. I cant stand sitting behind my desk at work for more than 20 mins without getting up.

I find all computer chairs to be extremely rubbish and cause a lot of back pain. I use a normal kitchen chair at home and that is probably best decision ever. I cant stand sitting behind my desk at work for more than 20 mins without getting up.

yeah, i used something like that for a while.   very very comfy for your butt, and the back support on cheaper chairs is useless to me anyway...

cnc08g_puff_chair_45x45x52c.jpg

go with whatever you want but make sure the warranty is more then 1 year (ideally 3 years)  so they can replace the padding for you for free before the warranty expires.

they are not bad at the beginning... and when it gets bad, get it replaced.   find out all the conditions for replacement!

I have been looking at getting one of these, but i have a few other things i need to spend money on first , like my car, and new router, and a PS4

http://www.amazon.com/Alera-Series-Suspension-Mid-Back-Synchro/dp/B006CTALAC/ref=sr_1_7?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1410533628&sr=1-7

61gyk9HwuyL._SL1500_.jpg

its a mesh chair with lumbar support.

• Like 1

Looks just like a chair I have at work, except this has a mesh seat. 

I have been looking at getting one of these, but i have a few other things i need to spend money on first , like my car, and new router, and a PS4

http://www.amazon.com/Alera-Series-Suspension-Mid-Back-Synchro/dp/B006CTALAC/ref=sr_1_7?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1410533628&sr=1-7

61gyk9HwuyL._SL1500_.jpg

its a mesh chair with lumbar support.

This might not be of any concern to the OP but does colour matter? I have a glass desk with white drawers so I bought a white chair to match. It all comes together nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

colour does not matter, just ergonomics and price

Everyone will have different request for a chair, I would suggest you go and test a few out, of course you will need to sit there for a bit before you can decide. But still better than asking for recommendation. Its like the seat in my Astra also causes me pain, but its meant to be ergonomic and has lumbar support, which for me causes pain, where as when I had a Megane, it had a flat plain seat and that was extremely comfortable for me. But for others its completely the opposite.

Everyone will have different request for a chair, I would suggest you go and test a few out, of course you will need to sit there for a bit before you can decide. 

Probably the best point. It's hard to tell how the chair will 'feel' just by looking at pics on the internet.

• Jim K locked this topic