Is Apple's iPhone 6 just Google's Nexus 4?

I am no fan of Apple but that comparison is as dumb as it gets. Android in 2012 was a mess (and subjectively still has worse perf. than competition) and wasn't that before Project Butter or whatever Google tried which didn't make much difference?

Android needed those specs because it was a pig back then. You needed a lot of lipstick.

ICS was released in 2011 and was a big improvement and made a lot of difference compared to GB.  If you used GB and was upgraded to ICS, there was a noticeable difference in speed. Things were later improved in JB and now KK.  KK can run smoothly on dual core phones and has been made to run much better on lower end hardware.  The Nexus 4 has the KK update.

in 2011 ICS was released and that was a major improvement to the stock experience, compared to previous versions; in 2012 JB was released and performance wise, it's one of the best releases so far. So I don't get your claims of "mess" when pre-2011 Android was much slower then post-2011 releases. And if you use a modern android phone that has the latest release (not the cheap <100? ones), you will see much improvements. Heck, i even have KK in my 2011 Samsung phone, that has very low specs.

while i agree that Java (in this case, Dalvik) is damn slow, it does have a huge advantage: it's more easy to convert the code base to smaller or bigger devices, putting in that way Android in most devices as possible.

ICS was released in 2011 and was a big improvement and made a lot of difference compared to GB.  If you used GB and was upgraded to ICS, there was a noticeable difference in speed. Things were later improved in JB and now KK.  KK can run smoothly on dual core phones and has been made to run much better on lower end hardware.  The Nexus 4 has the KK update.

Anything was improvement over GB so ICS being better than GB is not saying much. ICS was better but still not as good as what iOS had at that time (features + perf) or heck even Windows Phone (perf wise).

I had tried to shoehorn ICS on my wife's HTC Aria (low specs for a late 2010 phone but my wife wanted it) and it was nowhere near what iOS had to offer at that time.

Remember, this whole topic is about contemporary comparison between iPhone and Nexus/Android circa 2012. I would say Android was a mess back then and is still a mess to a certain extent.

Anything was improvement over GB so ICS being better than GB is not saying much. ICS was better but still not as good as what iOS had at that time (features + perf) or heck even Windows Phone (perf wise).

I had tried to shoehorn ICS on my wife's HTC Aria (low specs for a late 2010 phone but my wife wanted it) and it was nowhere near what iOS had to offer at that time.

I loaded ICS, JB, and now KK on my Samsung SGS1 with no problems.  KK even made it run a little smoother.  It is an old phone so yes, there is a little lag but I use it as an MP3 player so I don't care much.

Android did have more feature and things you can do with the device back then.  Still do.  Why I am glad there is Apple, MS, and Google out there.  Everyone can pretty much get a device that suits their needs/wants.

No, this is definitely not true and is a useless and misleading attempt at click bait.

I am still trying to figure out why people worship products and brands...

And while you're figuring, see if you can figure out why people feel the need to downgrade those who don't agree with their opinions.

My life, my choice....others' lives, others' choices...

Remember, this whole topic is about contemporary comparison between iPhone and Nexus/Android circa 2012. I would say Android was a mess back then and is still a mess to a certain extent.

you tried to install ICS on a, sorry for the language, POS of a phone that barely could use 2.3 (only with CyanogenMod 7) and HTC only provided the 2.2 ROM? And you are comparing it to a 600$ phone?  :laugh:

At least compare Apples to Apples: the best Android phones, in 2012, were S3, Note 2 and Nexus 4. They sold millions of those and, perf and feat wise, they are equal if not better then iOS6.

No but they are not allowed to screw their customers by charging double, triple for the same two year old hardware that they just gave a fancy name.

And yet will blow other "modern" phones out of the water when benchmarked. Happens every time an iPhone is released.

And yet will blow other "modern" phones out of the water when benchmarked. Happens every time an iPhone is released.

Yea, but most people do not even look at benchmarks, or understand them, when buying something.  I find lots are more concerned with how something looks and then as long as it does what they want, they are happy.

Probably because it has to drive half the number of pixels of modern devices?

One thing i'd like to point to all those saying android was a huge mess, it was, but that's not say it was completely useless, the problem was, the performance issues android had PLUS the BLOAT oems put no their phones AND then the carrier bloat.  example, Samsung Galaxy S, rebranded for verizon... bloat on top of bloat.

Probably because it has to drive half the number of pixels of modern devices?

Yup pretty much, when comparing benchmarks, specially graphic driven ones, would  you know it, resolution does matter.

That's one of the dumbest and most narrow-minded cherry-picked comparisons I've ever seen...

The N4 doesn't even have 4G LTE support...  Proof enough that the author is an idiot.

The things that Apple trolls nitpick at are getting more and more hilarious.

I wouldn't throw stones in a glass house:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/app-nexus-4-modem-flasher-lte-enabler-t2607221

It wasn't supported by Google and hence not listed with FCC, but it does support a single band of LTE.

That's one of the dumbest and most narrow-minded cherry-picked comparisons I've ever seen...

The N4 doesn't even have 4G LTE support...  Proof enough that the author is an idiot.

The things that Apple trolls nitpick at are getting more and more hilarious.

Except it does. Not that it matters...the comparison is valid enough. If you prefer, compare to a Nexus 5.