Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP

Though that "first" RTM date (RTM1) may mean less this time around than it has in the past. Let's say they hit that date. OEMs get it then, but as usual, it won't make it to new machines people can buy until a good three months later. So initially, that's no audience at all..............I don't think RTM1 means much this go-around.

What I've heard was GA in Aug, but that was last month and things could change anyway. Anyway, it seems WZor now gets a good OEM source, maybe(hopefully) he would be able to leak the RTM when it hits.

.... Also, even if WZor(or whoever) leaks the RTM, people could only run it with limited functions, because nobody would be able to activate. The RTM will come with a new activation mechanism.

- Nobody would have the retail keys, until MS rolls out the win7/8/8.1 upgrade channel, and the retail channel.

- Forget about the current KMS crack, maybe some wise guy would be able to break the new KMS .... I don't know.  :)

.... Also, even if WZor(or whoever) leaks the RTM, people could only run it with limited functions, because nobody would be able to activate. The RTM will come with a new activation mechanism.

- Nobody would have the retail keys, until MS rolls out the win7/8/8.1 upgrade channel, and the retail channel.

- Forget about the current KMS crack, maybe some wise guy would be able to break the new KMS .... I don't know.  :)

any idea if Mak key based Windows 7 or 8 will be able to upgrade?

Nah. MS already clarified that vol clients are not eligible.

Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer. We will be sharing more information and additional offer and support terms in coming months.

Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer. We will be sharing more information and additional offer and support terms in coming months.

It doesn't make financial sense for MS to give away Windows 10 for free for enterprise.. Enterprise systems at work are so heavily locked down and can not run unapproved apps.  Consumers they make the money back at both the app store as well as additional services like Office 365 and Onedrive. So it makes economic sense for the free version to be for home users.

My hope is enterprises will stop holding back technology. As corporations stayed on XP for many many years it encouraged website makers to dumb their sites for IE 6 and app makers to ignore recent .NET progress. Consumers noticed their XP systems still worked and refused to upgrade too which caused Windows 7 many many years of growth problems.

With consumers going with 10 it will stop the accountants at work who want 10 years per upgrade as websites and applications will stop working. The marketshare push will need to come from the home users. But we will see. The pessistmic side of me feels both XP and 7 will still be around in 2020 as XP is no longer dying and holding steady. There are many so terrified of change thanks to Vista and 8/8.1 that they are scared to move on.

Still wish they would move the search bar off the taskbar.

Where would you prefer it to be? The Desktop? They've already given us the option to change it to a Search Icon or disable it, which I find to be useful.  I personally like the option of disabling it, so that it's only there when I want to search for something, which I start by hitting Start.

Chinese phone shown off with "Win10 and Android5", don't know if it means dual-boot or independent :) 

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/04/21/exclusive-upcoming-elephone-comes-with-2k-display-intel-soc-imx230-and-windowsandroid-os/

Most likely dual boot in some fashion - Intels Sofia is due to support both in a unique way.  I haven't read up on it in a while though.

Yesterday a PCBeta guy said he was downloading build 10102(probably a partner), but he provided no further details:

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-1595304-1-1.html

Build:  10102.0.150417-2325.WINMAIN_PRS_CLIENTPRO-CORE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO 

Now seems win10china also had their hands on this build, and posted some screen-shots, notice it says :

Windows 10 Enterprise Technical Preview:

http://www.ithome.com/html/win10/144424.htm

(It's a winmain-PRS, so don't look for a leak :) )

rTLz19P.jpg

Btw, I heard this rumor, take with salt: MS will roll out build 10069 on Apr 29(Build day)