How true is this article about iOS/iPhones/iPads limitations?

To add to this, you can transfer files wirelessly via airdrop from a Mac. No need to open iTunes at all.

The EU did force this, which is why they now sell the Lightning-to-Micro-USB adapter (bit of a cop out solution if you ask me).

Indeed, but it's a start wouldn't you agree

Google has severely neutered the MircoSD card as they don't really want it around.

Without a custom rom or rooting the only thing you can store on it is music and videos. You can't store apps, data, etc. They also adjusted android mount points so that apps will see the internal storage as external.

Google DID neuter in the sense that if the APP isn't designed to take ownership by itself, you won't be able to do much...

Happened to me with n7 music player, wouldn't download album covers to the SD, but rather do built-in memory, N7 devs addresed this and presto, problems solved.

But agree, google should've let users decided whether or not read/write was an option.  It also doesn't excuse poor coding.

Google has severely neutered the MircoSD card as they don't really want it around.

Without a custom rom or rooting the only thing you can store on it is music and videos. You can't store apps, data, etc. They also adjusted android mount points so that apps will see the internal storage as external.

No, they didn't. The ability to put applications and application data onto the MicroSD card still exists in Android 4.4, they just modified SD card access to stop applications writing data into directories reserved for other applications. The system can still put apps on the SD cards. The mounting change was done for the same reason, to increase security.

Aren't these all opinions?  I do not care ONE BIT about widgets, or customizing my lock screen, or having dozens of apps on the dock or having animated wallpaper.

There is one thing that Android CANNOT do, and this is a fact, full iCloud and iTunes integration.  I have all my movies, tv shows, and music available right away.  I have my open browser tabs from my various Apple devices available on my phone.

So please tell me, how am I a dumb idiot or an Apple sheep because I like the integration to all my other apple products?

Aren't these all opinions?  I do not care ONE BIT about widgets, or customizing my lock screen, or having dozens of apps on the dock or having animated wallpaper.

There is one thing that Android CANNOT do, and this is a fact, full iCloud and iTunes integration.  I have all my movies, tv shows, and music available right away.  I have my open browser tabs from my various Apple devices available on my phone.

So please tell me, how am I a dumb idiot or an Apple sheep because I like the integration to all my other apple products?

You are not a dumb idiot or isheep and yes, everything he posted is just an opinion.  When it comes to choices between different platforms and hardware products it's always about individual choices.  Some people buy products because of what they do, others buy them because of how they look.  Simple as that.

What about buying stuff which is not available in the iTunes store? Huh? Half of my music playlist (I own over 4K tracks) isn't even available at iTunes.

If you are not from the US/CA/AU/NZ/UK, then there's no way you can even buy movies in English - they all will be translated without an option of seeing their undubbed versions.

You really make me laugh, dude.

iCloud synchronization. My music collection alone weighs over 100GB and it's mostly comprised of FLAC audio. Are you happy with your subpar m4a tracks at 256Kb bitrate?

OMG.

Of course they are, but sometmes these things can be useful to people trying to make a decision, I took the OP as to looking for people who know and use and iphone to actually comment on how true they are. I'm an Android user and I know nothing about iOS so if I considered switching it could be useful. I do use a few widgets, but by no means was this the reason I went android nor are any of the other features you've listed.

On a side note, Google Music can store your music and obviously has a store full of tracks/movies. Whether they are actually comparable I don't know but stuff I've looked for I've always found so I don't think its lacking. So my music is available on my desktop or my phone also if need be. Chrome does a good job of sharing browser history between my PC and phone also so again unless I am misunderstanding you, Android doesn't actually lack in those features.

Every phone/OS has its own pro's and con's that work for some and not for others. My biggest problem with Apple is firstly the cost of their devices (I'm a Nexus 4 owner so on the cheaper side of Android phones). I'm also not a big fan of iTunes, no real reason that I can think of, I just never seemed to gel with it. Google Musics desktop app is a lot more background and is there to keep the tracks on your PC and phone in line more than anything else.

The author claims that iOS is absolutely counterproductive and gives certain arguments which I cannot validate or refute since I've never owned iOS based devices.

Can anyone with a good experience and knowledge chime in and refute/acknowledge what's written in the article? Thank you!

Here's the article: Why do Apple iPhone's and iPad's suck and why they are mostly useless as productive devices

From an Android POV, yes iOS has limitations, especially in regards to software. I'm an Apple user though and the experience is fluid and intuitive. Not counterproductive. 

No, they didn't. The ability to put applications and application data onto the MicroSD card still exists in Android 4.4, they just modified SD card access to stop applications writing data into directories reserved for other applications. The system can still put apps on the SD cards. The mounting change was done for the same reason, to increase security.

Yup, as I said above, ownership on a per app basis... if an app isn't doing what it needs to do, is just poor coding.

What about buying stuff which is not available in the iTunes store? Huh? Half of my music playlist (I own over 4K tracks) isn't even available at iTunes.

If you are not from the US/CA/AU/NZ/UK, then there's no way you can even buy movies in English - they all will be translated without an option of seeing their undubbed versions.

You really make me laugh, dude.

iCloud synchronization. My music collection alone weighs over 100GB and it's mostly comprised of FLAC audio. Are you happy with your subpar m4a tracks at 256Kb bitrate?

OMG.

I wouldn't be if I actually cared about crap like that.  Personally this is why I use streaming services like Spotify and Pandora.  Saves a ###### load of money when compared to what you must have spent to have a 100GB library worth of music.

Yup, as I said above, ownership on a per app basis... if an app isn't doing what it needs to do, is just poor coding.

Except that doesn't prevent apps from being stored on the SD card, it was introduced for security purposes, not to stop people using SD cards.

That's rubbish. Google don't put SD readers into most of the Nexus devices because it's more cost effective not to do so, most other flagships, however, still have removable storage slots. There's no official Google policy on removable storage one way or the other, the functionality still works as it should.

So they cut costs on their flagship devices? This makes sense. This article says exactly the opposite: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Google-SD-Card-Nexus-Smartphone,18841.html

There are many more articles saying the exact same, but I'm sure by removing "techy nonsense left over from the paleolithic era of computing" they really meant they could improve profit margins their flagship models. IIRC early nexus models had SD slots