The Windows 10 File Explorer Home Section

In terms of usability, I think this is a major improvement.

When I open File explorer, my favourite folders, most frequently accesses folders, and recently accessed files are there instantly.

No need to click and scroll.

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout, Willis.

I hope it stays that way.

I don't see why it won't stay. They should have had a "Home" a while ago, like most other Unix and Unix-like OS have.

But now between Home, This PC and Libraries, it might get a bit confusing.

I don't like it, myself. The folders that I use regularly I add to my Favourites and there are obvious privacy implications of displaying recently used items, especially if you use your computer around other people. I really think that Microsoft should give you a choice for the default view, as I'd rather it went to This PC - I find that view the most useful, as I can get an idea of how much free space I have and what devices I have connected.

Why does Microsoft have to change the default view with every release? I didn't like the Libraries view either.

The folders that I use regularly I add to my Favourites and there are obvious privacy implications of displaying recently used items, especially if you use your computer around other people.

You've also been able to change that since forever too rather easily.

... especially if you use your computer around other people.

I understand your concern. but my computer is used exclusively by me.

If it was different, I would approach it differently.

I understand your concern. but my computer is used exclusively by me.

If it was different, I would approach it differently.

I'm the only one that uses my computer too but that doesn't mean that other people won't be in close proximity at times. Certainly users should be able to opt out of it, which doesn't seem to be the case (or the option is not immediately evident).

It just seems like a rather cavalier change.

I think its an interesting addition but I hate that Win+E brings up Home instead of This PC/Computer. I know I can pin the same stuff but I dunno I would just prefer the default to be how it was or for there to be an option to change it.

• Like 1