University of East Anglia students urged to urinate in shower

It's stupid for a number of reasons.  Of course women urinate in the shower - almost every woman I've ever discussed this with has been happy to admit that they do.  One of the people behind this campaign is a women.  There was no reason for Elliot to attack women and stereotype them as moaners, princesses, etc. unless he finds it necessary to try and prove his masculinity.

fair enough. attack was not necessary.

though the two women i asked said they never do it, and thought it was disgusting.  

I think its misleading to suggest that an entire flush of water is saved by peeing in the shower...

If someone is urinating in the shower I hope they either aim for the drain or thoroughly wash the shower afterwards. The first method means you have the shower running longer than usual as you presumably aren't washing at the same time. The second method requires extra water use compared to a normal shower too. - Either option may even use more water - who knows?

If you are healthy urine doesn't really smell in small quantities - a more effective method of saving water would be simply to flush after every other use. Of course many toilets now have multiple flush options such as short, normal and long anyway.

I wee in the shower for as long as i remember.. Really not a big deal, i mean it all goes down the same hole anyway and knew it would save water flushing..

Ps. I mainly drink water though so not much smell going about if any at all haha

• 2 weeks later...

If you are healthy urine doesn't really smell in small quantities - a more effective method of saving water would be simply to flush after every other use. Of course many toilets now have multiple flush options such as short, normal and long anyway.

That's what I've done for years.