Snapchat, I don't get it

Well, so much for being able to send pictures for them to only be seen for a short time...

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/12/teenagers-snapchat-images-leaked-internet

Videos and pictures of as many as 200,000 teenagers posted via the Snapchat service and stored on a third party website have been put online, apparently by the same people who were behind the posting of nude celebrity photos in August.

The photos and videos were captured after some users of Snapchat ? a mobile phone app which allows people to send photos to each other but which delete themselves within seconds of being viewed ? were tempted into using a site called ?Snapsaved.com?. That offered to let them use the service on a website on a desktop computer, rather than just on a mobile phone.

All of these variations of social apps, are more and more ways that self-absorbed mindless morons can continue narcissistically thinking everyone cares about them, and gives a crap where they are, and what they are doing.

Those same people are the ones who watch reality shows.

Those same people are the ones who use their phone on speaker, with keeping the phone close to their mouth/head.  They are too stupid to realize the reason people on TV use the phone in this fashion is so the television audience can hear both sides of the conversation.  But they dont think that much and just emulate anything they see.  Another example of why I think 98% of people are drooling morons

Rant Over

Well, so much for being able to send pictures for them to only be seen for a short time...

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/12/teenagers-snapchat-images-leaked-internet

I saw this at the weekend. A few users above had already mentioned that the app is deeply flawed and there are numerous ways to save the media content without letting the user know. 

What's even worse is that there are probably a number of underage girls. :S

most social network that people are using is stupid IMO. I understand Facebook and Twitter, but things like Vine and Instagram really doesn't make any sense to me.

To be a little more blunt and honest, ALL social networking programs/sites are about as dumb as a box of rocks! Not even worth the time of day to waste any time on. :x

Personally, I don't know a single person that uses snapchat.

To be a little more blunt and honest, ALL social networking programs/sites are about as dumb as a box of rocks! Not even worth the time of day to waste any time on. :x

Personally, I don't know a single person that uses snapchat.

I really don't get this mind set :S

Twitter is a great platform for breaking news. If I'm on the move. I can often keep up with sports events that I would otherwise be watching. Facebook is great for friends and families where you can't talk/see all the time. 

I think like most things if used properly you do things that weren't possible a few years ago. 

I really don't get this mind set :s

Twitter is a great platform for breaking news. If I'm on the move. I can often keep up with sports events that I would otherwise be watching. Facebook is great for friends and families where you can't talk/see all the time. 

I think like most things if used properly you do things that weren't possible a few years ago. 

Completely agree, I very rarely send any tweets but my feed is mainly full of F1 or gaming news.

Facebook I'm not as keen on but I've trimmed my friends list pretty low now to mainly just friends and family. I did close my account for a while but I missed FB Chat and could never find a good enough alternative that everyone I knew had.