Chinese man buys 99 iPhones for proposal only to get rejected

ah I feel sorry for him, 99 iphones seems dumb to us but obviously had some connection in their relationship.

For all we know...

They were two star-crossed FoxConn workers who bonded over their manufacturing of the iPhone 6 in the factory.  As the number of iPhone6's they made grew...so too did their love for one another...

Is this meant to be a gesture of "look I am wealthy, thus I can support you"?  Otherwise, what an idiot - buying items that will instantly depreciate.

Deserves the no.  Also, needy much!  Was she also his girlfriend at the time or did he just propose to a single girl?

99 Lumias is how you get the girl.

...to run away screaming. ;)

Any relationship based on such grandiose financial gestures is flawed, imo. Materialism has no place in a relationship. I wouldn't be impressed if someone did this for me.

Probably cheap Chinese knockoffs.  Why he was turned down.....

maybe.

also I dont know any women that would be impressed that your just spent all your money on 99 phones.

If I did this I would of gotten my ass kicked.

maybe 99 roses. and have her ask why 99 roses.

because I already had one rose and it's you.

Is this meant to be a gesture of "look I am wealthy, thus I can support you"?  Otherwise, what an idiot - buying items that will instantly depreciate.

Deserves the no.  Also, needy much!  Was she also his girlfriend at the time or did he just propose to a single girl?

She will use the 99 iphones to mine bitcoins.

• Like 2

...to run away screaming. ;)

Any relationship based on such grandiose financial gestures is flawed, imo. Materialism has no place in a relationship. I wouldn't be impressed if someone did this for me.

LOL You dont live around here, you wouldn't be so opposed, you would just accept it as the way it is.

In Dallas area, and some outlying cities its all about what you drive, and how much you make....then they might ask your name, and if you're gay or not....

Nice Guy: "Hi..."

women:   "Is that your Mercedes ?"

Nice Guy:  "uhhh.....yeah, but ..."

women:    "What do you do for a living ?"

Nice guy:   "well Im a lawyer"

women   " well , OK , what is your name ?  Do you like women ?"

LOL You dont live around here, you wouldn't be so opposed, you would just accept it as the way it is.

Actually, I wouldn't. There are many aspects of British society that I utterly reject and want nothing to do with. I'm an instigator for change and have no interest in toeing the line. If I object to something, like grandiose displays of wealth, then I don't engage in it.

Any woman interested only in wealth is simply not for me. I have no interest in superficial people.

• Like 2